Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has it been a good Start

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Has it been a good start considering all the players in and out over the summer? We have 15 point from 9 games and sit in seventh place 2 points behind second place so for those of you who go good or bad start?

Comments

• above average
  • Fair to middling
  • a bit below average
  • Answer a big NO
  • Average i'd say, made to look a HELL of a lot better by those two very late home goals v Notts C and MK, but I suppose it balances out considering the ending at Exeter and what on earth happened in that second half on Saturday!
  • 9 games in, well in touch with the front runners, unbeaten in 3 and ahead of Huddersfield, Southampton, Sheff Weds, Plymouth, and Swindon.

Performances have been patchy but results are solid and we should improve as the team gels. Overall a slightly better start than I had prepared myself for, I thought we might be nearer 12th at this stage.
  • Decent with clear room for improvement
  • If you put us 2 points off the autos with all of the teams exiled has listed below us then I don't think you'd find any on here who wouldn't have taken it...
  • Quite frankly I don't know. I never expected for us to start like a train because of all the new players but equally I wanted to see signs that I have grounds for optimism which apart from Orient away I don't think I have. Jury still well and truly out for me.
  • edited September 2010
    if you'd shown a neutral fan just our opening home fixtures to now,they'd have said minimum 13 points and for the aways maybe not so generous 7 totalling 20 overall.

me,i'm not so demanding and reckon we are behind where we should be by about 3 points.

thankfully we aren't talking about performances though, are we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent enough start - a defeat today would have been a pretty major blip.

4 points from the next 2 games should be achievable.
  • I would say it has not been a good start but only because of our fixtures have all been very winnable (except Huddersfield away) and although we were never likely to win 8/9, we should have won more games imho. Our performances have not been great and we have been very lucky in a couple of games- Notts County especially.
  • About what I thought - just outside trhe play-offs and will probably bounce between 6th and 10th for the next few months - haven't really played anyone of note and have played more in the bottom 10 than the top 10.

some days we look world class (first 20 mins sat) and other times (2nd half sat) we look awful..............a top 6 finish should be well within our capabilities but need to get the strikers scoring for that to happen.

ask the question again at xmas.
  • IAIA
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]have played more in the bottom 10 than the top 10.

Not true. We've played 4 of the top 10 and 6 of the top 12. Only 3 of the bottom 10. Trouble is, the bottom 10 includes 'teams of note' Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton.

Has it been a good start to the season? Not great. A few tough matches coming ahead, hope we don't regret those bad results too much.
  • The fact is that the Division is no great shakes -I agree we are about 3 points below where ai think we should be and performances haven't been great but I do beleive we will get better and that might be enough in this rubbish Division,
  • Our performances have been some of the worst I've ever seen from professional footballers. As a team we seem to be disjointed and the forward pay suggests that there is something wrong with the coaching. Clearly we are a team in the process of "gelling". We really ought to be at the bottom of the table but the results would suggest otherwise.

Given the shape we were in at the start of the season I'd have to say that it's the best start we could have hoped for.
  • The league seems a heck of a lot weaker than last season, anyone is capable of beting another team, performances seem to have been pretty poor but we've got a decent amount of points on the board, we've had easy enough fixtures but I'm not sure there are that many fixtures that will put the fear of god into the team.
  • A decent start points wise really.

Performances haven't been the best but then of those teams we've played I don't think anyone has outplayed us.
  • Performance wise - not the greatest.

Points wise - not bad

Position in table - 2 points off promotion, 7 off relegation. I'll have that.

Overall - not bad. Not great, but certainly not all as shite as some seem to think.
  • Ill take it... now all we need is benson another one and abbott to get off the mark and suddenly Parkys master plan starts to look good...

If we could go on a run, that would be nice... a winning run please....
  • Sponsored links:

• From my stat-fest the other day........where we have been incredibly consistent in our points accumulation for the last 46 league games

Our last 46 league games have resulted in 76 points (1.65 points per game)
    Our last 23 league games have resulted in 38 points (1.65 points per game)

We are actually extremely consistent in that respect as at 1.65 points per game, we should be on 13 points for this season - we are on 12 after 8 games.

We are now on 15 which is of course as near as you can get to 9 * 1.65 !!

The next two games (Brentford/Plymouth) will yield 3 points - to leave us on 18 points from 11 (as near as you can get to 1.65 per game). FACT!!!!!!!
  • The next 7 games (on paper) look much tougher than those already played so I'd be happier if we had a few more points on the board right now.

If we're in the top 6 and touching distance pointswise of 2nd place after 16 games then I'd say it's a good start.
  • I would say decent enough, we have the third best defence in the league. We have used two keepers, two left backs, two right backs and five centre backs, for such an unsettled unit I think we have coped well. We haven't been performing but for the Daggers late goal on Saturday we would be level second. Hopefully with a more settled side we can start to improve on performances.
  • No. Yes I would have taken this position at the start of the season but this leagues there for the taking, which has surprised me somewhat, situations change. The lack of creating goal scoring chances is very frustrating.
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Ill take it... now all we need is benson another one and abbott to get off the mark and suddenly Parkys master plan starts to look good...

If we could go on a run, that would be nice... a winning run please....
    I agree, there's a lot of new players and it's going to take time for everything to come together. I'm a lot more confident than I was after the Swindon game.
  • Neutral start so far for me, not better or worse than expected.

Performances wise though things need to start improving sooner rather than later.
  • 15 out of 27 points all very average
  • reasonable reasonable
    all this time to gel and new players stuff seems a good reason for the inconsistancy until i hear colin wanker say he had 8 new players at qpr ...... but then again he can lift players to the max
  • not bad on the face of it but look ahead to our upcoming fixtures after Brentford, and quite frankly I can see us dropping a lot of points:

Plymouth a) - tough
    Brighton h) - top of the table
    Carlisle a) - can't see us getting much up here we never travel well to this sort of place, and they're up the top
    Sheff Wed h) - I know theyve been inconsistent but this will be a very hard game and they will bring good support
    Swindon a) - still a tough trip especially on a midweek night and with the lowly numbers we will bring to the game
    Peterborough a) - again decent start even though they slipped up last night

Don't see us winning many of those at all personally, which will leave us ensconced in mid-table by mid-November. I hope I'm wrong and Benson is about to come alive after last night and finally give us some cutting edge...
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Average i'd say, made to look a HELL of a lot better by those two very late home goals v Notts C and MK, but I suppose it balances out considering the ending at Exeter and what on earth happened in that second half on Saturday!

this