Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Benson delighted to break Charlton duck

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8421291.Benson_delighted_to_break_Charlton_duck/

Comments

• Benson had been playing in slightly a different role since arriving at Charlton but felt at home against MK Dons in his best position.

He said: “I’ve been playing slightly deeper for the team but tonight I was playing right up top, which is where I want to play.

“I’ll play wherever the manager wants me to because I don’t mind doing a job for the team but I want to play further up the field because it allows me to take up better positions in the box.
    I guess he means Saturday with a quick striker in Anyinsah, he was the one that had to drop deep. With Abbott or Martin they can do that and he can be the one pushing higher.

Not sure what the best partnership is at the moment, can see it changing throughout the season depending on the opposition, who's on form, injuries etc.
  • He seems like a decent lad dont he :)
  • Well done Beno. Here's hoping you can now build on this. :-)
  • didn't know Charlton had a duck. Where is it? Can we afford to replace it now it's been broken?
  • News Shopper I think i prefer the story of horses in Erith pub ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]News Shopper I think i prefer the story of horses in Erith pub ;-)[/quote]

A bit old that one now. Still funny though.
  • Yes the incident of Erith and the travellers was a bizzare one.

Thought they missed a good chance to write a witty headline along the lines of
    YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER, BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE HIM DRINK..... unless it is in an Erith pub!

or Sorry, my four legged freind is driving me home.......
  • Why is it we buy a player who is on form, get him into our team, then ask him to change his style of play and then moan when he doesn't reproduce it?

How many players do we do it too!?
  • Sponsored links:

• For future reference cafckev, it's known as a 'Benitez' for short.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: liamhappe[/cite]For future reference cafckev, it's known as a 'Benitez' for short.[/quote]
    That made me laugh.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]Why is it we buy a player who is on form,

He hadn't scored for Dagenham either this season so hardly "on form".
  • but he scored yesterday so crack on benny.