Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bring a friend for Yeovil

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Borrowed my Brother in Laws program at half time and noticed the club are promoting the Yeovil game on 30th November, for season ticket holders to bring a friend to the match for a tenner.

I am(hope ) the OS and Rick will add more detail but it does sound a good deal and am going to take advantage of it.

Rick is is one friend per ST?

Comments

• what if you dont have no mates!
  • Well done Airman on this one ! Let's hope it's successful.
  • Whilst the club should be applauded for this kind of initiative, i'm not sure how many more it'll bring through the gate. There's 7 of us who usually go and on saturday 3 of them couldn't make it for various reasons. We couldn't even give the spare ST's away.
  • I am hoping to coax my brother and a mate who have been long time standing supporters to come along on the offer. They both gave up as season ticket holders this season.

With crowds dwindling it is better to try these things than not. However if we dish up stuff on the day like most of the games so far it is likely to be the final nail in the coffin for dragging people back.
  • Something needs to be done.

Felt genuinely sad last night looking round the ground at what, 10,000 bums on seats.

Doesn't seem that long ago that we could regularly get double that crowd and even 12/13k for nothing Carling Cup games.

From what I can see the club are rightly worried about aleniating season ticket holders with pricing up cheap deals when we have paid up front. But I think most season ticket holders wouldnt have a problem with an agressive marketing campaign now to get our crowds up to at least 16,000 where they should be.

I was a big criticiser in the Premiership days when ticket prices were reduced regularly as I definitely paid more for my season ticket than on a match by match basis in those days but back in the glory years we did at least have the demand for 20,000+ home tickets, cant really say that now.

Just dont understand where we have lost 12,000 fans from, I know there are a million rational excuses such as jobs and family, but 12,000!!! You either support a club or you dont?

Crowds seem to be down generally looking at last nights figures in the Championship such as Coventry, QPR, Watford and Derby.
  • Speaking purely for myself:

Being treated like a common criminal and frisked before entering the ground does not create a welcoming atmosphere. If this becomes a regular occurrence I will be seriously considering whether or not I wish to renew.

Members of my family did not fight (and die in some cases) in two world wars so that the civil liberties of innocent lawabiding citizens could be abused.

Concentrate on the criminals not the innocent.
  • Think they were more vigilant searching people on Tuesday because a load of kids were chucked out for drinking cans of Fosters during the game Saturday in the NU.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Think they were more vigilant searching people on Tuesday because a load of kids were chucked out for drinking cans of Fosters during the game Saturday in the NU.

If that was the reason why search me? I'm a middle aged to oldish bloke!
  • Maybe you should take it as a compliment!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Maybe you should take it as a compliment!

Yo blud!
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite] Just dont understand where we have lost 12,000 fans from, I know there are a million rational excuses such as jobs and family, but 12,000!!! You either support a club or you dont?

Crowds seem to be down generally looking at last nights figures in the Championship such as Coventry, QPR, Watford and Derby.

True but you've also got to factor in that in the premier league most clubs brought 3300 away fans (or whatever that end holds). On tuesday i don't think MK Dons even had 300 so there's 3k off the gate straight away. It stands to reason that people will want to go and see Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal and not bother going to watch Oldham and Dagenham.
    And you say where did all the fans go? Look at Leeds. Regularly got nearly 40k in the premier, now getting about 25k in the championship. For Sheff Utd on saturday they had 34k, 3 days later against Preston they got 22k. They lost 12k fans in 3 days!
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Speaking purely for myself:

Being treated like a common criminal and frisked before entering the ground does not create a welcoming atmosphere. If this becomes a regular occurrence I will be seriously considering whether or not I wish to renew.

You'd stop going to Charlton just because you get searched on the way in? Really?!

Can honestly say i've not been searched/frisked at a single game this season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Just dont understand where we have lost 12,000 fans from, I know there are a million rational excuses such as jobs and family, but 12,000!!! You either support a club or you dont?

True but you've also got to factor in that in the premier league most clubs brought 3300 away fans (or whatever that end holds). On tuesday i don't think MK Dons even had 300 so there's 3k off the gate straight away. It stands to reason that people will want to go and see Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal and not bother going to watch Oldham and Dagenham.
    And you say where did all the fans go? Look at Leeds. Regularly got nearly 40k in the premier, now getting about 25k in the championship. For Sheff Utd on saturday they had 34k, 3 days later against Preston they got 22k. They lost 12k fans in 3 days!
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Speaking purely for myself:

You'd stop going to Charlton just because you get searched on the way in? Really?!

Can honestly say i've not been searched/frisked at a single game this season.

Nor have I... gutted!
  • I think It's a cracking idea.
    It's much harder to convince my non-Charlton mates to come along to a game nowadays.
    But thanks to this offer there will be 10-15 more lads there for the Yeovil game.
    More bums on seats and all adds to the atmosphere.
  • Got my 2 tickets for a couple of mates over the phone today, £10 in the East stand is a good discount. Good incentive and lots of lead up time. Well done the club.