Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 20-1 with Paddy Power !!!!!!

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
I am reliably informed that a win at Brentford could see Charlton odds tumble below 10-1. PP is amazingly still at 20 - 1. Considering only the late Dagenhham stopped us being 2nd, this is great value. I think had that 94th min goal have stayed out, we could have been as low as 6/7-1 by now. So, I predict, last time to lump on at this sort of price.
This is from someone who knows and has lost a bundle for the last 3 seasons !!!!!

Comments

• give up on it we're not gonna win the league ................
  • [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]I am reliably informed that a win at Brentford could see Charlton odds tumble below 10-1. PP is amazingly still at 20 - 1. Considering only the late Dagenhham stopped us being 2nd, this is great value. I think had that 94th min goal have stayed out, we could have been as low as 6/7-1 by now. So, I predict, last time to lump on at this sort of price.
    This is from someone who knows and has lost a bundle for the last 3 seasons !!!!!

Have you seen us play this season?
  • we could be 50/1 and I'd only part with a quid
  • [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite] PP is amazingly still at 20 - 1. Considering only the late Dagenhham stopped us being 2nd, this is great value.

PP also have 20-1 on Middlesbrough winning the championship. Does that represent amazing value as well?
  • We won't win the league.
  • Some of these odds are stupid. We're 20s with Paddy Power, but only 10s with Corals.
    Blue Square have Sheff Weds at 6-1. Who works these odds out?!
  • [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]I am reliably informed that a win at Brentford could see Charlton odds tumble below 10-1. PP is amazingly still at 20 - 1. Considering only the late Dagenhham stopped us being 2nd, this is great value. I think had that 94th min goal have stayed out, we could have been as low as 6/7-1 by now. So, I predict, last time to lump on at this sort of price.

You are correct, 20/1 with 1/4 odds first 3 is good value.
    That's why I backed them yesterday.

Also, if you are opening a new account with Paddy Power they will match your first bet up to £25 - so you could double up your bet.
  • I believe you masicat so I have lumped on!
  • have to say very good odds in this nothing league
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I believe you masicat so I have lumped on!

same here ... must be crazy ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Pre season I got 33-1 on us getting relegated...sorry just had to have a tenner on it.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Pre season I got 33-1 on us getting relegated...sorry just had to have a tenner on it.[/quote]

Makes sense.. Championship, not too far from the rise.. relegation
    League one, just missed out... relegation
  • betting odds are not a reflection of probability.

They are a result of how much money is placed hence the Sheff Weds odds and most likely ours too.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]betting odds are not a reflection of probability.

They are a result of how much money is placed hence the Sheff Weds odds and most likely ours too.

maybe im bein a donut but surely thats only after a certain time? When the bookies first bring out the odds and nobody has placed a bet, the odds on every team wont be the same. so wouldnt the odds reflect probablity at that point.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]betting odds are not a reflection of probability.

maybe im bein a donut but surely thats only after a certain time? When the bookies first bring out the odds and nobody has placed a bet, the odds on every team wont be the same. so wouldnt the odds reflect probablity at that point.

Demand (or lack of it) will influence prices, but initially bookmakers have to set their prices which is surely a matter of judgement based on probability.
  • If anyone is stupid enought to back us to win this league then you deserve to have no money. 20-1 is appalling odds.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]If anyone is stupid enought to back us to win this league then you deserve to have no money. 20-1 is appalling odds.

You're absolutely right, they should be twice those odds. So if you'll offer me 40/1, I have a score each-way at the normal terms, 1/4 the odds first 3. Thanks.
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]If anyone is stupid enought to back us to win this league then you deserve to have no money. 20-1 is appalling odds.

You're absolutely right, they should be twice those odds. So if you'll offer me 40/1, I have a score each-way at the normal terms, 1/4 the odds first 3. Thanks.

Ill double up on this? ;)
  • 14-1 on us to go down looks a better bet.
  • Best bet I had was on Newcastle to go down the other year.As soon as Dowie was involved I lumped every spare penney,not great odds but a decent return!
  • Sponsored links:

• If you think that Charlton are going to win the league...then wait a few more weeks, you'd get around 30 or 40/1 then.
  • Now as short as 6/1 for the title.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If you think that Charlton are going to win the league...then wait a few more weeks, you'd get around 30 or 40/1 then.

lol
  • We got to around 40 to 1 on betfair !!
    I can't believe it but we do have a good chance of winning it !
  • We got to around 40 to 1 on betfair !!
    I can't believe it but we do have a good chance of winning it !
  • Well i was just reminded of this pending bet when i was looking at my paddy power account.

That was a waste of a fecking tenner!!
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]I can't believe it but we do have a good chance of winning it !

aaaaah the good old days of parky ;-(
  • [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Pre season I got 33-1 on us getting relegated...sorry just had to have a tenner on it.

Bloody hell. That bloke/woman.