Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

what was unique about tuesday's victory ?

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Dairylea triangle to the winner

Comments

• Plaaayers trouser and jumper combo ?
  • My hatrick of games missed at the Valley since our return...........................and Plaayers trouser and jumper combo??
    What did I miss GHE?
    Apparently British home stores are adding a "Plaayer spring collection" to their clothing range ; )
  • What was unique?

One of our strikers actually scored?
  • That he scored in the 86th min so he is a fan of This Is England 86?
  • maintained our only 100% record v another league club?
  • [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Plaaayers trouser and jumper combo ?

Meh!
  • Hold on a minute, why am I being dug out abouy my trousers and jumper? It was just a normal pair of trousers and a normal v-neck jumper??
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]maintained our only 100% record v another league club?

That was mentioned in the programme. Hartlepool, Crewe and Wycombe have also never taken a point off us.

Lowest Home League attendance since 1998?
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Hold on a minute, why am I being dug out abouy my trousers and jumper? It was just a normal pair of trousers and a normal v-neck jumper??

Not to mention a very fetching combo at that. Dont listen to them plaayer! I got your back.
  • Parky didn't get sent off ?
  • Sponsored links:

• First time the starting squad numbers added up to a prime number
  • First time no player has had laces in their boots - they all opted for the velcro option
  • First time at The Valley that the number of ball boys matched the number of fans in The Jimmy Seed Stand ?
  • First time since the return in 1992 that the official attendance for a league game was less than half the capacity
  • Now that's brightened my day anyway
  • No booing in the first half?

100% record against a team for 3 consecutive competitions matches?
  • I took an Italian Colleague who kept shouting 'bellissimo'?
  • That we had a swedish fan in the liberal wearing fiedel castro's hat?
  • i had a pre match burger and didnt get gut ache until the second half?
  • First time identical twins have officiated at a league match?!
  • Sponsored links:

• After scientists worked till 3am running tests they proved that for the first time the referee was indeed a wanker.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]After scientists worked till 3am running tests they proved that for the first time the referee was indeed a wanker.

Were they also able to confirm that he didn't know what he was doing?
  • It was definately a new Jumper Trouser Combo Plaayer was wearing, in fact i commented on his catalogue pose of one hand in the pocket at the time.
  • we scored in the 86th min and didnt concede in the 87th ????
  • I can confirm that neither the trousers, nor the jumper were new.

I'm not going to bite anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]No booing in the first half?

except those boos directed at the ref.

No Charlton player or managment staff shook hands with the ref at the end?
  • The visiting fans didn't wait for the last game of the season to have a fancy dress day, but instead did it in September. The theme was "Come disguised as an empty seat"
  • [cite]Posted By: andyaddick[/cite]we scored in the 86th min and didnt concede in the 87th ????

Very funny! :-)
  • it was the first time we ever had a ref called waugh which sounds like war
    therefore giving charltons top lyric writer a chance to create a great new song that will catch on ....... if we ever have a ref/official called war/wore/waugh
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]it was the first time we ever had a ref called waugh which sounds like war
    therefore giving charltons top lyric writer a chance to create a great new song that will catch on ....... if we ever have a ref/official called war/wore/waugh

One of Waugh's best books is "Decline and Fall".

Trying to find a Charlton connection but struggling ; - )