Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford vs. Charlton (2/10/2010) - Preview, Polls, Teams, News

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Horrible match, scrappy and untidy with passes going astray and moves breaking down left, right and centre. We will respond to this by abandoning football in the second half in favour of hoof-ball.

But 1-0 Charlton - in off Benson's bum. Charlton in a play-off spot by 4.55pm.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]I'm with the 1-0 to addicks brigade. Bensons goal on Tuesday must have helped his confidence and if Fortune can continue at the back (2 games in a week might be too much too soon) then I feel we will grind out a win.[/quote]

Seconded. Narrow win, not enough creativity in the middle without Bailey and Shelvey.
  • 0-5 to us which will give us our first 5-0 away win since...er..the last one.
  • 2-1 to Charlton. Wagstaff and Benson to score. Definitely going to be a tough London derby especially at their place. I'll be at Waterloo at 12, pub, lunch and beer with my mate, then on the train at about 12.35.
  • Lump on Forster to score.
  • 1-0 Benson again
  • Thought we were solid on Tuesday but uninspiring - difficult to recall a team have less chances than MK Dons. Don't expect a classic or anything but a close game. Any result is equally possible. Would be fantastic if Bensen builds on his goal - Reid has to play instead of Waggy.
  • Assuming everyone who's not definitely injured is fit (if that makes sense) I'd like to see this:

Worner
    Francis
    Dailly
    Forch
    Fry
    Martin
    Semedo
    Racon
    Jackson
    Abbott
    Benson

We're away from home so play Jackson to keep us a bit more solid and keep Reidy on th bench bring him on nice and early if we're struggling to create.
  • Nicky Forster has shelved a stomach operation to help the Brentford cause at Griffin Park tomorrow

The striker - who played for visitors Charlton last season - was due to have an operation yesterday (Thursday) but has postponed it due to Charlie Macdonald's injury.

With Robbie Simpson also crocked, and Carl Cort and Kirk Hudson recovering slowly from injury, goal shy Brentford are painfully thin up front.

Forster will probably partner Gary Alexander as Brentford return to a 4-4-2 formation at home.

Toumani Diagouraga missed our defeat at Brighton on Tuesday with man flu but should have recovered to make tomorrow's squad. Marcus Bean deputised on the South coast and played pretty well so may retain his place. David Hunt is also believed to be back in training but Saturday might come to soon for the enthusiastic midfielder.

At the back, Leon Legge should deputise if Pim Balkestein fails to recover from an injury he picked up midweek in an otherwise unchanged back five who, in all fairness, have played pretty well of late.

Andy Scott will be desperate for a change of fortune tomorrow as his team attempt to lift themselves from the bottom of League One. Hopefully the new dugouts will start performing asap
  • I think we will win. Brentford supporter at work thinks we will win :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• You lot should all know better. Semedo sent off and a struggle to get a draw.
  • 2-0 win for the mighty addicks.

Benson and Waggstaff.
  • Nicky Forster awarded dubious pen by dodgy ref in the 98th minute and converts to secure the 1-0 Brentford win.

Parky throws his V neck sweater at the ref in disgust and is banned for two more matches.

Heard by fans near the dug out to be screaming at Forster, "why could'nt you do that for me you b*stard" and "and you're not even as good looking as Frank Lampard" as men in white coats take Parky away .......to be contd...
  • By all accounts Brentford are playing cack football and hoofing it at every opportunity.

If we do it as well, it will help me watch the match as well as spot some planes. ;-)
  • 2-1 an absolute cracker.. high paced with european flavour to the game...

Parkinson to sub himself on and score with a player manager over head kick....
  • Got two baby feeds to get through then shower brekkie and away we go. Really looking forward to today but sure it is going to disappoint
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] Really looking forward to today but sure it is going to disappoint

The game may well disappoint, in that nobody should expect a feast of classy football. But I will be even more disappointed if we're not sitting in a play-off spot tonight. Carlisle and Peterborough , both one point ahead of us, play each other, and we should take the opportunity to leapfrog at least one of them (or both if they draw).

Perhaps league position doesn't mean a whole lot this early in a tight league - except that sitting in the top six would give everyone a lift and, crucially, make us all feel a lot better about ourselves.
  • I am still pissed from last night. I don't need this with a train to get
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]2-1 an absolute cracker.. high paced with european flavour to the game...

Parkinson to sub himself on and score with a player manager over head kick....

Phillip Ronaldhino Parkinson!
  • We should be winning games like this, but away from home 0-0 is what I reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• Whilst I like what Parky's trying to do, when we're away Racon's just a massive hole in the middle. We'll quite easily lose this, but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.
  • im gonna say 4-0
  • The comment about snatching a draw from the jaws of victory sounds about right going on previous performances this season!

We should be beating teams like this and I hope that that is what happens.

COYR
  • Wish I was going but sadly can't go, come on you reds! Avenge last years frustating draw with a relatively simple 2 0 win, Martin and Racon on target.
  • [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]The comment about snatching a draw from the jaws of victory sounds about right going on previous performances this season!

We should be beating teams like this and I hope that that is what happens.

COYR

Lets hope its an orient performance and not a Tranmere one
  • Scrappiest 1-0 ever seen would make my day.