Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

i promise

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I just want it noted that at no time have I mentioned nor believe we will be relegated.

All I have said is that I will not slag parky or the team off as I believe he needed to now mould and gel his team

I still don't rate him I disagree with some of what he does tactically and instead of verbalisng this on here I will refrain

Isnt that verbalising it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I just want it noted that at no time have I mentioned nor believe we will be relegated.

All I have said is that I will not slag parky or the team off as I believe he needed to now mould and gel his team

I still don't rate him I disagree with some of what he does tactically and instead of verbalisng this on here I will refrain
    I know it wasn't you, but a few others have mentioned us fighting relegation, comparing this season to Pardew's second Championship season etc.

If we're still losing games in a months time then I can understand the concern, but we've just had an away game to one of the better teams in the league, and another against a team with a very good home record. All it will take is a win next Saturday and the talk will change to play-offs again.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Nice try mascottt buddy I was just reitterating as the thread I started had turned to a doom and gloom posting and I am trying to give him a fair crack in my own head. And not come on here calling for his head.

Where were you against the daggers glory boy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Nice try mascottt buddy I was just reitterating as the thread I started had turned to a doom and gloom posting and I am trying to give him a fair crack in my own head. And not come on here calling for his head.

[cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Nice try mascottt buddy I was just reitterating as the thread I started had turned to a doom and gloom posting and I am trying to give him a fair crack in my own head. And not come on here calling for his head.

I know ... only messin'... and sound alsleep for the daggers.. I blacked out with ten mins left of exeter as well...

Not happy when i found the result...
  • Options
    Was coming mate tbh . I thought we would nick a draw once we stayed 442

I think we could get a right spanking from notes county as well
  • Options
    You can see the long hopeful ball over the top and Lera just left it....

We will see what happens...

I have a feeling we are gonna turn it around..

Some of our strikers must start scoring at some point... Abbot is due one, Benson must be desperate to get off the mark...
  • Options
    We need to create chances . The forwards are getting real poor service. If we do that we will turn it round but imo we need to go 352 . Or even 451

I don't think he will though
  • Options
    NLA, do you think we have the players to create chances? I'm not so sure. Martin is the only one who I think can do something a little different.

That being said, I'm watching Brentford against Sheff Weds and Wednesday are looking like dog turd - have only had one shot so far.
  • Options
    I think if we change and fit Reid waggy and Martin to the midfield and play either daily forts and fry or doc in a 3 at the back
    Then 2 from Benson abbot and sodje up top then I think that we should offensively be very strong will need semedo and MAC or racon to really think about their role in a defensive way.

This is the way I would set out a team to get out if the league not the build on defense and nick a goal which I believe is the way we are looking at the moment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]NLA, do you think we have the players to create chances? I'm not so sure. Martin is the only one who I think can do something a little different.
    That's my worry.

I don't think it's the formation either. When we played Martin and Abbott, wasn't that basically 4-5-1?

Our 3 main central midfielders aren't great going forward, so we need to create from out wide. But then our wingers aren't the kind to put plenty of crosses in, and when they do they're not reliable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the most shocking thing is not people slating the setup after a few bad results; it's that some people think mid-table and sneaking into the play-offs is acceptable ambition for our club.

It is not. While we might have less cash and wage budget than a few teams in the division we're still comfortably in the top six. The performance in the last few years has been unacceptable, we should not be comfy with that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I think the most shocking thing is not people slating the setup after a few bad results; it's that some people think mid-table and sneaking into the play-offs is acceptable ambition for our club.

It is not. While we might have less cash and wage budget than a few teams in the division we're still comfortably in the top six. The performance in the last few years has been unacceptable, we should not be comfy with that.

Fair point. I would say we should maybe be content with that in the championship, but I wouldn't really like us to ever 'settle' in the third tier. Rightly or wrongly, I feel the championship is where a club of our size should be and would expect us to gravitate there sooner rather than later.

That being said, this is a tough division to get out of and although there isn't a lot of depth, it usually has a useful batch of sides fighting for promotion. Look at the championship table this year and you'll see that Millwall are 4th, Leeds are 6th and Norwich are 7th.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]NLA, do you think we have the players to create chances? I'm not so sure. Martin is the only one who I think can do something a little different..

Didnt many rate Reid as 'too good for this league' not long ago?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]NLA, do you think we have the players to create chances? I'm not so sure. Martin is the only one who I think can do something a little different..

Didnt many rate Reid as 'too good for this league' not long ago?

He is ............. on his day. First Saturday in the month - as long as it's at home and not raining.
  • Options
    LOL bro you will never last that long i will give you about 14 days and you will be going off on one again lol
  • Options
    On the jonjo thread I had to be carefull already going to be tough
  • Options
    Jesus this is going too be a long season. Well-done parky for changing the central mid position so early. I really dont think that pardew would have done that.

But I had bucket loads of criticism for u Thankgod nss and boogica fired it at you.
  • Options
    now then i still promise but it is getting fooooooooookingggggg harder and harder

we really are quite poor
  • Options
    Go on - you know you want to!
  • Options
    i do off it i really do but i wont i will stay true to my promise
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate you might as well give up now, you'll end up having a heart attack if you try and keep it all in until March.
  • Options
    Try taking your rose tinted spectacles off and have a real good look...
  • Options
    it wont last till march stu thats for sure

there is a big fat lady clearing her throat and warming up her vocal chords for parky boy

i reckon 4 more results like yesterday and there will be no way back for him
  • Options
    The sad thing is I am slowly having to turn my back on Parky. I have fully supported him and his team since he took over but enough is enough really isn't it? We are not about to do a Norwich, we are not gonna do a Swindon. I am worried however, I will maintain my view of keep smiling it'll be all right won't it? I need Oggy back for some blind faith!
  • Options
    Dazzler

even oggster could not take any positives from the majority of dross performances that have been served up.

points wise i think it has been poor TBH but the standard of football the total lack of ideas and the inability to motivate a team for 90 mins and not 45.

it has been said by many a person

WTF do they do at sparrows all week what doies he see that keeps certyain players in week in week out

WTF did he sign Benson for if we are not going to play to his strengths, someone at the daggers not just a fan text me and said you know he will be back here soon dont you.

i have never ever ever wanted him here, i dont believe that he was or will be ever good enough to manage our club. i still think he needs at least 4 more games to prove himself for this season, but in that month if i was muzza and the gang the feelers would be out, conversations within the board room would be taking place and suitable alternatives would penciled in and decisions being taken.
  • Options
    Sadly I agree the board should be looking elsewhere. It is amazing though to think if we had beaten Millwall in the 4-4 game we would have gone up auto's and now look at us our strikers couldn't score in a brothel.
  • Options
    right the time is now

thanks very much turm out the lights on your exit.

do the hounorable thing so many say that your a nice guy prove it

night night and goodbye
  • Options
    I absolutely hate to agree but I have to. Thanks for your efforts and Goodbye Please Phil
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]right the time is now

thanks very much turm out the lights on your exit.

do the hounorable thing so many say that your a nice guy prove it

night night and goodbye

100%
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I absolutely hate to agree but I have to. Thanks for your efforts and Goodbye Please Phil

feck me i am going to print that and put it on my wall dazzler agrees with me ;-)