Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Lifeathon Update - TOTAL OF £3,300 RAISED

2»

Comments

• AFKA, have you got a daughter called Peaches?
  • Well done everyone - will let AFKA do the roll of honour but 3 hours now!
  • Still on a poxy train, but don't let Shoddy Southeastern derail our attempts.

Less than 3hrs to go, come ongets over that magic £3k mark
  • Its hard to believe that all this cash has been raised in an attempt to win a "Pink Teddy Bear" ; )
    Well done to all concerned.
  • WSSWSS
    edited October 2010
    In the run up to the deadline of the Charlton Life Upbeats raffle (it’s midday by the way) we are delighted to have the one and only Alan Curbishley as the final motivator in terms of getting us over that £3,000 barrier.

We caught up with Alan (after wading through multiple gifts left outside his house by LenGlover and OohAhhMortimer) and he had the following things to say about the fantastic effort Charlton fans and their family and friends have gone in supporting the Charlton Upbeats (currently standing at £2,800).

Curbs spoke exclusively to CharltonLife and had the following things to say*:

“P’raps Charlton fans can have one last push this morning to get their already amazing efforts beyond the £3,000 mark. The willingness to support such a terrific cause is brilliant and if only I got the same out of Dennis Rommedhal maybe I could have led the lads to Europe back in the day”

He goes on.

“Donating to the Upbeats is so much easier than thinking up a song for me to be chanted in the crowds so just pop along to http://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeats and chuck in £25 for a chance to win some fantastic prizes. My teams traditionally had a sluggish end to a campaign but Charlton fans are bucking the trend”

So come on, let’s push that total over £3,000 and see how far we can get in the next couple of hours.

http://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeats

charlton7137pages2.jpg

Since last update thank you to: stackitsteve, Gray9, Barry Thorn, Alison Gibson-Stark, Peter Whiteland, BDL, Kerry Letchford, Bromley Addick, Low_ears and Neil Waite.

*This is a fictitious quote
  • In all seriousness though guys, I had an email from Peter Varney this morning highlighting the fantastic effort and how much it is appreciated. And it is.
  • When is the deadline to donate and is it hard to do?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]When is the deadline to donate and is it hard to do?

no it's easy peasy. And to make it easier for you just post your credit/debit card details here and I'll do the rest for you Henry.
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]When is the deadline to donate and is it hard to do?

no it's easy peasy. And to make it easier for you just post your credit/debit card details here and I'll do the rest for you Henry.

Well you work for a bank so you must be trustworthy.
    4763 3000 0036 4512 expiry date 11/11 security code 306
  • Sponsored links:

• Just 90 minutes to go now - you don't want to miss out on the chance to win a pink bear do you? Or the chance to chat to Richard Murray? Or to meet Damon Hill? Or to get Sir Chris' signature on an England shirt?

Deeg dip!
  • One hundred and forty five quid to go for the three grand, still naff all from Johnny Depp.
    I think a visit from CL's roving reporter Curbit_it is in order ; )
  • 45 quid off 3k.

Drove past early this morning but couldnt see him, bit foggy over the Naval College this morning tho.
  • WSSWSS
    edited October 2010
    £20 off the magical £3,000 - who's going to get the honourable donation?!
  • Sorry to bring this up again but read this bullshit then donate if you can, whatever you can.

pah
  • Mark Baggesen takes the total over £3k
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Sorry to bring this up again but read this bullshit then donate if you can, whatever you can.

pah

What a complete bellend he is. He really needs to be taught a lesson
  • Please tell me thats not the real Nick Gray that just donated.. lol
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Please tell me thats not the real Nick Gray that just donated.. lol

That crossed my mind
  • Last 30 minutes now.

Will Nathan surprise us all with a donation?
    Will Darren Bent finally respond to my tweets and donate?
    Will we reach £3,250?

It's up to you guys!
  • Sponsored links:

• Last couple of minutes - come on everyone get in that draw - currently standing at £3,280
  • What did I win?

Why is the draw taking so long?

Sort it out WSS
  • You're all faboulous. Nice one tony.

Well done - good effort.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]What did I win?

A signed Johnny Deep poster.
  • WSS is impressed with the total.

kennethwilliams.jpg