Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Man City

Not happy campers, are they?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite].

Went off half cocked - story of my life!
  • :-)

The Kompany-Adebayor spat was funny.

Are the knives out for Mancini?
  • It wont be long.

Too many big egos in one place - always going to end in trouble.
  • I think they should play all their games to the Benny Hill tune.
  • My God, how funny will it be watching the wheels fall off this one? How satisfying to see the deadly duo of Garry Cook and Brian Marwood get sacked by the Arabs when it all goes tits up.

Henry Winter had it right on Sky the other day when he said that you really cannot buy instant success, it takes time to build team spirit and, more importantly, a winning culture at a club.

Chelsea were not - contrary to popular belief - an overnight Abrahmovich/Mourinho success story, they were slowly built up under Bates/Hoddle-Gullit-Ranieri and so on and then went to the next level.

Even Blackburn formed the core of that league winning side over their promotion season from the old Division One and their initial Premiership years.
  • They've had a couple of bad results, big players bitching about not playing, whatever, but it all means nothing in the overall scheme of things, whatever happens to them now is just a blip... If their backers stay determined, they will succeed....It's just a matter of time...
    I can still see them winning something this season, and that alone would be a big turning point for them.
  • edited November 2010
    Great stat from @OptaJoe "17 - Man City have fewer points this season after 10 games than under Eriksson (2007-08 - 22) and Mark Hughes (2009-10 - 19). Haunted."

I was very surprised when they went with Mancini, I was never impressed with his sides in the past. Surely its just a matter of time before the Sheikhs have had enough
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite]They've had a couple of bad results, big players bitching about not playing, whatever, but it all means nothing in the overall scheme of things, whatever happens to them now is just a blip... If their backers stay determined, they will succeed....It's just a matter of time...
    I can still see them winning something this season, and that alone would be a big turning point for them.[/quote]

Hmmmm, not sure I agree with that. Put some dough on in you're confident but they look very fragile without De Jong and Tevez and being able to cope with absent first teamers is a pre-requisite of winning the big prizes.
  • Mancini is surely on borrowed time. If we believe what we read in the press then most of the players don't want to play for him. He's had millions to spend but has made a worst start than his 2 predecessors. Why for example spend £24m on a holding midfielder (Yaya Toure) and pay him 200k a week when you already have Barry and De Jong. Why ship out Bellamy who was one of their best players last season on loan just because he's a bit mouthy and cocky, then spend £25m and 100k a week on Balotelli who is probably even more mouthy and cocky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ormiston, Put some dough on what exactly?
    I've said if they keep their clout they will succeed. Just a matter of time... Didn't say when!
    I still wouldn't be surprised if they win something this year... Which is massive for them as they've won nothing in ages....

Is this thread trying to prove that clout doesn't buy success...? Every league in the world proves the opposite...
    They've had a blip, it won't effect their overall goal....
  • i think we will the jp cup well before city win anything,exciting times down here not so up at manchester
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Mancini is surely on borrowed time. If we believe what we read in the press then most of the players don't want to play for him.

If we believe what we read in the press then we should be owned by multi-billionaire arabs
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Mancini is surely on borrowed time. If we believe what we read in the press then most of the players don't want to play for him.

If we believe what we read in the press then we should be owned by multi-billionaire arabs

True but there's no smoke without fire. Bellamy was shipped out, Yaya Toure went home at half time last week, Milner and Toure arguing on the pitch v Arsenal, Adebayor and Kompany arguing on the pitch v Wolves, Mancini admitted arguing with Tevez, Santa Cruz said Tevez wants to leave, a huge disparity in first teamers wages (Toure 200k a week, Adam Johnson 25k a week). Clearly not a happy ship there right now.
  • There but for the grace of god go us....sorry, but I'd rather have reality than X Factor football.
  • Good points in Chris from Sidcup's first post. Man City seem to have taken on the tactic of just spending money in the expectation that eventually they'll get it right. They're buying players, not a team.

I think Mancini has brought them as far as he can. Time for the owners to Sheikh it up
  • edited November 2010
    never should have sacked Mark Hughes
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Mancini is surely on borrowed time. If we believe what we read in the press then most of the players don't want to play for him. He's had millions to spend but has made a worst start than his 2 predecessors. Why for example spend £24m on a holding midfielder (Yaya Toure) and pay him 200k a week when you already have Barry and De Jong. Why ship out Bellamy who was one of their best players last season on loan just because he's a bit mouthy and cocky, then spend £25m and 100k a week on Balotelli who is probably even more mouthy and cocky.

Balotelli mouthy and cocky?You wait and see.He'll make Bellamy look like a nineyear old choir boy.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite]Ormiston, Put some dough on what exactly?
    I've said if they keep their clout they will succeed. Just a matter of time... Didn't say when!
    I still wouldn't be surprised if they win something this year... Which is massive for them as they've won nothing in ages....

Is this thread trying to prove that clout doesn't buy success...? Every league in the world proves the opposite...
    They've had a blip, it won't effect their overall goal....[/quote]

Well, you may be right in that they might win a domestic Cup of some sort but the Arabs are there for two things; a Premier League title and becoming a force in the Champions League and then winning that. They don't care about the Carling Cup or even the FA Cup.

Man City are still a long, long way behind Chelsea and Manchester United in developing that winning culture and the stability that long-term success brings.
  • I'll go out on a limb here and say that I still see them finishing second and picking up a trophy. Don't think Hughes did a lot for them. Mancini has a good track record and will deliver given time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Season didn't end too sadly in the end...  Their fans waited a long time for that bit of success... Good luck to them.
    Mancini met City's target for CL football, and by winning the FA Cup exceeded many peoples expectations... Didn't take too long after all, did it?

• funny old game