Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gareth Bale

Have to say, the fella has been on fire again tonight. Superb running and absolutely quality delivery.

Comments

• Shame he's not English
  • edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Shame he's not English

Yep! Could be a Giggs & George Best scenario, may never get to play on the biggest international stages, which will be a shame.

Had the game on in the background, he looked outstanding. Dunno why Redknapp see's him as a future great left back, when he plays on the wing so well. Though that opinion will most likely change after tonight.

Southampton can be proud, (& a bit gutted) after his & Walcotts blossoming this year.
  • He qualified to play for England but he was born in Wales so no complaints. That's how it should be.
  • He was unbelievable tonight, made the likes of Maicon and Lucio look like league one defenders. You'd have thought Inter would've done their homework on him after the San Siro game
  • He's a bit overrated , I'd stick with Matty Fry :)
  • What I want to know is where did his engine come from, he's had a wand of a left foot since the first time I saw him play at 16 but he seems to have installed a turbo! Top quality pace and fitness.
  • The boy is a joke, Maicon will need counseling after the raping he received last night.
  • Taxi for Maicon lol !!

Gareth Bale is officially the 2nd best Welshman EVER!

Tic a boo son!
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Taxi for Maicon lol !!

Tic a boo son!

John Charles, Ian Rush, Ryan Giggs in no particular order. Where is Bale?
  • 2nd behind my husband of course ;-)

I cant put Giggs before him, MCS would kill me!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm more excited about us having a proper partnership up front. Not had that in 10 years or so, since Bent on his own doesn't count.
  • What impressed me the most about Bale was the way he kept it simple last night, fancied his pace everytime, then had the ability to deliver balls of such amazing quality.

Nothing better for me then a winger driving hard at a full back, give me that over 40 stepovers and no final product
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]give me that over 40 stepovers and no final product

see Aaron Lennon.
  • Off to Liverpool?

Liverpool has just (today) appointed Damien Comoilli to "head up player recruitment". Comolli is the French coach/scout who first brought Bale to Tottenham.
  • I was impressed with Spurs in general.
    Obviously Bale had an amazing game, but Spurs spanked Inter for the most part last night.
    Great peformance!
  • Hasnt had a single assist in the Premier League this season. Overated.
  • Wonder when Real madrid will come in for him
  • no no Littlesis you can't put gigs infront of him because gigs is rubbish!!

he made that maicon look like a total chump!! just a shame he plays for the freaking yiddos.
  • I can remember asking at the time why we only received £2.5 million for an England International full back at a time Spurs paid £6 million for a promising but unproven teenage full back from Southampton.

Three years on I'm beginning to understand why...
  • yep, spurs have put him onto the big stage, he's show what he can do and now I think they'll struggle to keep him - the massive clubs will be queuing up for him by the end of the season I reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• bale is quailty but there has been a massive over reaction and over hype as normal, phil neville pocketed him the other week so lets not all go baleistic
  • I don't baleieve you, nla
  • No need to get baleigerent about it fella
  • your right IA i may have been talking a load of baleocks as normal
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Taxi for Maicon lol !!

Tic a boo son!

Surely after Tom jones and Rob Brydon
  • I'm going to be laughing my nuts off in about 18 months tie when Ferguson tells the yids to name their price for him.

He is a good over-lapping full back, but he has been for a while. This is why plastic yids who only ever see their side on the box have only just cottoned onto this now sky and ITV and the tabloids have raised it.

Never take the footballing opinion seriously from someone who does not watch the stuff without the company of a screen. Every single one of them wankers (only those who offer an opinion on something they have not witnessed)
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]He is a good over-lapping full back, but he has been for a while.
    He's been playing left midfield hasn't he?
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Every single one of them wankers...

Morning :-)
  • Is it me, or are Bale's features becoming more and more simian with every passing month? Is it something to do with Spurs' European run?
  • [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Is it me, or are Bale's features becoming more and more simian with every passing month? Is it something to do with Spurs' European run?
    He is certainly a weird-looking f***er. There was a caricature of him in one of the free giveaway tat magazines that gets handed out once a week at stations a few months back - it was fantastic.