Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

obscene

I saw in one of the papers this morning that gareth bale was worth 50 million, how obscene is that?

I know it's not the players fault and sure it's newspapers trying to sell a story but we do know the transfer market has gone crazy and something needs to be done.

when you consider all the suffering that goes on in this country and around the world with poverty, starvation, people losing their jobs and homes, it really is stuffing it into the faces of those less fortunate. just think of what could be done with that wealth, new hospitals, improving sanitation, so that everybody could have clean drinking water, haven't we a right to that?

maybe players could refuse to go, until a sensible and realistic figure is reached, maybe it could be written into the contract that three quarters of the fee go to a charity, maybe it's time for the government to step in but will they?

society and the human race have a lot to answer for with their greed and destructive behaviour, trampling everything under foot.

it really does disgust me!

Comments

• good player tho
  • Our media just love the Best in The World tag. How many times you heard that Ashley Cole is the best LB ITW, or Rio the best CB ITW, Gerrard the best CM ITW and of cousre Rooney sipmly the best player IN THE WORLD. Funny how so many so called World Class Players don't deliver on the World Stage!
    Sure Bale is in good form and has two very good performances in high profile matches but come on it's all a bit over the top.
    The best thing to come out of Balemania is being able to goad all the Spuds you know with "He'll be gone in the summer etc" Just say that and retreat 10 paces, do not return to Spud once goaded just wait for the fireworks!!
  • edited November 2010
    The Premiership has lost its lustre in my book , the press want to find the 'Next Good thing ' to build up , and go on
    about , in my book since cheating git Henry & Van Nistle Boy was here it hasn't been as good.

Football is in a perilious state in this country , the bubble has burst for some , and i'm sure it won't be long before more Clubs who have been living beyond their means go down the pan.

And yes £50 mill for Bale ( A Left Back ) is a joke.
  • Whilst I kind of agree Silav, any of us who live in the west and spend billions between us on take away dinners, smart phones, playstations, football shirts at £40 a pop that were made for <£1 in some far-east sweat-shop etc etc etc are on thin ice when it comes to complaining about an obscene waste of money when there are more deserving causes the money could be spent on.

I'm not trying to have a dig at anyone or pass a judgement but I if you think about it for very long any industrialised western lifestyle looks pretty obscene when held up against the conditions the poorest people in the world live in. If we all as individuals club together we'd have far more spending power than any football club or even any sport as an entity (that sounds horribly hippyish).
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Whilst I kind of agree Silav, any of us who live in the west and spend billions between us on take away dinners, smart phones, playstations, football shirts at £40 a pop that were made for <£1 in some far-east sweat-shop etc etc etc are on thin ice when it comes to complaining about an obscene waste of money when there are more deserving causes the money could be spent on.

I'm not trying to have a dig at anyone or pass a judgement but I if you think about it for very long any industrialised western lifestyle looks pretty obscene when held up against the conditions the poorest people in the world live in. If we all as individuals club together we'd have far more spending power than any football club or even any sport as an entity (that sounds horribly hippyish).

Sad but true, Exiled. It's just a matter of degree and what is relative.

A pint of pissy lager costs £3.50 ..... the price of one single pint would feed a family for a day in some parts of Africa or India.

Buying a ticket for a football match, cost of getting there and a few beers would feed that hungry family for a month.
  • epitomises all I hate about the PL.....The lunatics have definetly taken over the asylum
  • hold on. nobody has offered that. It's paper talk
  • I think we can all make our own stand against the inbalances and greed infecting society. Since moving to the sticks we've made an effort not to support the rediculous eg; not watching X Factor, The Prem or anything else that insults our inteligence and sensitivities. I've also taken a good look at myself regarding earning capacity (£400 for two hours work when I was gigging) performing to people that were earning half that a week! So was I any better...I dont think so. So maybe I am now going down that old hippy trail, but it feels good and gives me more sense of purpose than my old greed life style.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Whilst I kind of agree Silav, any of us who live in the west and spend billions between us on take away dinners, smart phones, playstations, football shirts at £40 a pop that were made for <£1 in some far-east sweat-shop etc etc etc are on thin ice when it comes to complaining about an obscene waste of money when there are more deserving causes the money could be spent on.

I agree, one of the problems with the world is that we all want someone else to do something about it. Footballers are by now means the richest people in the world so they will wonder why should the burden fall to them? If you earn more than £2 a day you are doing better than a lot of people in other countries, does that mean you should give up everything you earn over that?

In the West we have a different idea of what is necessity and what is luxury, many of us don't want to give u our 'essential' mobile, flat screen TVs and computers but to others these are an extravagance they will never have.

i can't stand when people like Bono tell me to donate my cash to the cause when he could single handedly cancel the third world debt.

As much as I hate to quote the bible - Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.