Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hourly rate for a plumber?

edited November 2010 in Not Sports Related
What is the current hourly rate for a plumber in London roughly?

Comments

• I hate to think! But you may find it looks similar to your mobile number.
  • [cite]Posted By

: Saga Lout[/cite]I hate to think! But you may find it looks similar to your mobile number.

lol very funny
  • Differs from about £50 to £100
  • My boy charges about 35/40 quid, but theres an 800 quid travel charge if you have a leaking tap ; )
  • I charge £30 an hour. Any one need a plumber whisper me.
  • I charge £30 an hour. Any one need a plumber whisper me.
  • Hasn't whisper been disabled?
  • I just got quoted £60 per hour here in Canada to install a humidifier into our central heating system - 2 hours work apparently - seems a bit steep.
  • Anyone want to be a plumber whisper me :) i work at plumbing academy Kent
  • I've undertaken some extensive research on this in the past few years. I think it depends on a lot of factors - chiefly the number of plumbers in your area, the skillset of the plumbers involved and the scale of the problem - but also the availability of parts, accessibility of your location, hours you're available at your property and a whole host of other factors. Having put the results of my research (including polls of homeowners, plumbers and trade bodies; anecdotal evidence; industry guidance and web surveys) into a large OLAP database I think the general consensus is: 'Too Fucking Much'.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Hasn't whisper been disabled?
    No whisper hasnt been disabled, the notification has.

So you had better check every thread to see if you have been whispered any juicy goss.
  • I had a plumber in a while ago, rang through a few companies in the yellow pages, all quoted the same:

£65 for the first half hour, then £55 for each subsequent half hour
  • Seems likes 'WereByFarTheGreatest' needs to up his prices!
  • Gas Safe plumbers take in about £200 a day for work during normal hours.
  • [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]I had a plumber in a while ago, rang through a few companies in the yellow pages, all quoted the same:

Incredible. £120 an hour. F***ing lawyers don't charge that much. Absolutely, utterly obscene.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]I had a plumber in a while ago, rang through a few companies in the yellow pages, all quoted the same:

Incredible. £120 an hour. F***ing lawyers don't charge that much. Absolutely, utterly obscene.

My company charge £140 for the first hour, and £65 an hour from there onwards for my services.
    I think I'm worth it ; )
  • I'm relatively new on to the plumbing scene and I think £30 is a reasonable price to charge. I certainly don't want to price myself out of jobs. I've done a few jobs for fellow lifers and I think they have got vfm.
  • ive been doing up my house over the last two years and plumbers are by far the most expensive. i've had joiners at £100 per day, electricians £125 and cheapest i could get a plumber was £180 after having 6 qoutes. all above was in the hand as it were! of all trades the plumbers were the hardest to get to qoute let alone turn up to do a job. i eventually found one advertising his services on ebay of all places. the price range for plumbers was between £180 and £500 a day, in the sheffield area. my nurse girlfriend said she wishes she'd become a plumber instead. my neighbour is a joiner and she's never out of work.
  • We've had to call out a guy a few times recently as we were having probs with the boiler. He charged £30 for coming out and then £120 for a new switch board for the boiler and then he came out again as a fuse blew and he charged just £30 for coming out and taking a look as we had the fuse but we needed a new timer box thing and he said we could get it ourselves at the trade place locally and fit it ourselves, which was good of him cos he could have done it himself for another £30.

seriously £140 for first hour and some people £180 a day! shows how varied it can be.

caught a bit of watchdog last night and the bloke who sat on the bed and looking at himself in the mirror racking up the time to fix a light and then charged £300 for it. feckin cheeky.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]caught a bit of watchdog last night and the bloke who sat on the bed and looking at himself in the mirror racking up the time to fix a light and then charged £300 for it. feckin cheeky.

yeah, watched that, well out of order ... unfortunately many of his type around
  • dont understand how people can enjoy their jobs when they just spend their time wasting time? i know its cos of the money, but surely more satisfying doing a good job and quickly and moving onto the next job? nothing worse than boredom and wasting time - just for the sake of it.
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]caught a bit of watchdog last night and the bloke who sat on the bed and looking at himself in the mirror racking up the time to fix a light and then charged £300 for it. feckin cheeky.

yeah, watched that, well out of order ... unfortunately many of his type around

Tell me about it! Normally make a piont of not watching that sort of thing as get enough of it during the day thanks but that bloke really was tearing the backside out of it! Worst one I saw personally was a drain cleaner who took ages for a very simple blockage (I'm not telling how we in trading standards make them) charged an arm and leg for it and eventually cleared it with two canisters of acid at about £80 a pop. Neither of which he actually poured down the drain anyway despite making a big show of taking the tops off in front of the client.

You never know who's watching you!