Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Iron Maiden at the O2

Oh yes, at last Maiden are to play at the Dome. Roll on August 5th 2011!

Comments

• i went few years back they were shite couldnt sing even the crowded started booing nd laughing at them
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]i went few years back they were shite couldnt sing even the crowded started booing nd laughing at them
    LOL. Iron Maiden are, and have been for about fifteen years longer than you've been alive, one of the best live bands on the planet. Iron Maiden fans are also not exactly going to boo the band - and anyone booing them would be likely to get a f***ing good kicking. I submit to you that the above never happened, or that you were on drugs when you saw them, or that you were watching another band whilst listening to Maiden on your walkman/discman/mp3 player
  • totally agree! I've seen Maiden a few times and they were great every time! - Is coltsgoalie some kind of halfwit????!!!
  • They're shit, nuff said
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]i went few years back they were shite couldnt sing even the crowded started booing nd laughing at them
    ??? They have one of the most loyal fan bases in the music industry, hence why they're still releasing 80s style jurassic rock in the 2010s and selling out tours world wide.
  • Saw them at Donnington in 92 on Bruce's supposedly farewell tour, bloody awesome
  • That was his fairwell tour :)
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]They're shit, nuff said
    What the f*** would you know about music you half-witted clown? Go back to delivering your f***ing catalogues.

nuff said.
  • Well said Leroy!
  • I'm not a huge fan, but worked with them for 7 years in the early 2000's .... their fans love them, their tours sell out, their merchandising flies off the shelves and their albums and dvds continue to sell

One of the UK's most successful bands for three decades.

Enough said!
  • Sponsored links:

• Thing is most people who express hatred have no idea what their music sounds like, they hear the words Heavy Metal and imagine something that makes your eyes bleed. My wife was the same until I converted her, upon a first listen she said "who is this it is good?" She was shocked at the answer.

Strange though as bands like themselves and ACDC are now becoming more acceptable to mainstream audiences as they reach the end.
  • Having been to see Iron Maiden a couple of times with Off_it I can categorically say there is no way in the world that they were "shite" and " the crowd started booing and laughing at them". That's a ridiculous statement
  • Maiden are absolutely awesome live. I can even nearly forgive Steve Harris his sins for being a Hammer they are that good.

The main riff to Fear Of The Dark makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up mentally. Absolutely love that tune.

Cant wait to see them at the 02. I thought Metallica rocked the arena like no other band. Maiden may just surpass that experience, cant wait.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]i went few years back they were shite couldnt sing even the crowded started booing nd laughing at them[/quote]
    LOL. Iron Maiden are, and have been for about fifteen years longer than you've been alive, one of the best live bands on the planet. Iron Maiden fans are also not exactly going to boo the band - and anyone booing them would be likely to get a f***ing good kicking. I submit to you that the above never happened, or that you were on drugs when you saw them, or that you were watching another band whilst listening to Maiden on your walkman/discman/mp3 player[/quote]

Brilliant - great shout Leroy, well submitted.

Saw an unknown band in 79/80 over in a boozer in East Ham, they were really good, turned out to be IM, they had thier original singer then, can't remember his name!
  • edited November 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]They're shit, nuff said[/quote]

I expect A-Factor is your musical Jerusalem Nath!
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]i went few years back they were shite couldnt sing even the crowded started booing nd laughing at them
    LOL. Iron Maiden are, and have been for about fifteen years longer than you've been alive, one of the best live bands on the planet. Iron Maiden fans are also not exactly going to boo the band - and anyone booing them would be likely to get a f***ing good kicking. I submit to you that the above never happened, or that you were on drugs when you saw them, or that you were watching another band whilst listening to Maiden on your walkman/discman/mp3 player

Saw an unknown band in 79/80 over in a boozer in East Ham, they were really good, turned out to be IM, they had thier original singer then, can't remember his name!
    Paul Di'Anno. The missus prefers his voice, but, for me, there's nothing like the ol' air raid siren wailing over everything from Number Of The Beast up to Seventh Son.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]i went few years back they were shite couldnt sing even the crowded started booing nd laughing at them

Paul Di'Anno. The missus prefers his voice, but, for me, there's nothing like the ol' air raid siren wailing over everything from Number Of The Beast up to Seventh Son.

Indeed Bruce is a legend
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]They're shit, nuff said
    What the f*** would you know about music you half-witted clown? Go back to delivering your f***ing catalogues.

nuff said.

Young Mr Prior, you left yourself so open with your comment there, especially when Mr Ambrose as already commented on this thread before you. Leroy's comment had me in fits of laughter, though it was to be expected. Keep on smiling Nathan, and make sure you are in the Lloyds bar, playing the quiz machine. My new lucky omen.. Well Barnet and Southend.
  • Funny how music always divides opinion on CL, I remember a Billy Bragg discussion getting pretty heavy!! Saw one of Bruce Dickinson's (or Bruce Bruce as he was called when he fronted local band Samson in the 70s) first shows with Maiden at the the Rainbow Theatre in early 80s. Great show. Agree with earlier comment about Paul Dianno voice being better, sounded punkier and first album was best of the one's I had (IMHO). May download some old stuff for old times sake. Have to admit, I have found it hard revisting some of the music from my metal days. Only Motorhead/Led Zep/some Black sabbath have survived the test of time.
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]They're shit, nuff said

Phew. If Nathan thinks they're "shit" then I think that's proof positive that they ain't!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2010
    Apparently Bruce Dickinson flew Liverpool to Naples last week, a bit of useless information but I'd sooner he was in the pilots seat than Ozzy Osbourne...
  • They're back there on August 3rd. Would love a home game or an away game in London or somewhere where there's a good, fast train service back to London ie Derby, Leicester or even Sheffield. Anywhere that you can get home from in around 3 hours would be good. Knowing my luck we'll get Burnley or Middlesbrough away which means about three connections and back home about half past ten, thereby ruining my 'full season' attempt at the first hurdle!
  • Apparently Bruce Dickinson flew Liverpool to Naples last week, a bit of useless information but I'd sooner he was in the pilots seat than Ozzy Osbourne...

He flies the tour plane - called Ed Force One.

• I'm a huge metal fan, though Iron Maiden is one of those bands I've never been able to 'love' like most of the other giant bands in the genre. I know it gets said all the time, but I do find their songs very repetitive. I've got Number of The Beast, Final Frontier, Matter of Life & Death and Powerslave.

I haven't seen them live but would love to do it, as its one of those bands that deep down I really WANT to be into, but I just haven't been able to grasp the fuss.

Metallica will always be the number one metal band in my book.
  • Those of you at this years POTY would already have had a taste, the speakers we used were part of Maiden's rig.
  • cafctom said:

I'm a huge metal fan, though Iron Maiden is one of those bands I've never been able to 'love' like most of the other giant bands in the genre. I know it gets said all the time, but I do find their songs very repetitive. I've got Number of The Beast, Final Frontier, Matter of Life & Death and Powerslave.

I haven't seen them live but would love to do it, as its one of those bands that deep down I really WANT to be into, but I just haven't been able to grasp the fuss.

Metallica will always be the number one metal band in my book.

Get 7th son - that is up there with the best maiden. I also really enjoyed brave new world.

Saw them do their somewhere back in time gig at Twickenham - that was pretty awesome.
  • Also - just seen they have announced a date at the O2. 3rd August. Tickets on sale Friday 28th June
  • Any Maiden up to and including Seventh Son is the dog's bollocks. Any Maiden after Seventh Son is just bollocks.

They went downhill faster than any band other than Metallica after Justice.
  • Any Maiden up to and including Seventh Son is the dog's bollocks. Any Maiden after Seventh Son is just bollocks.

The Final Frontier wasn't a bad album.

Leroy, my brother from another mother, I have to disagree with you there.

"Any Maiden after Seventh Son is just bollocks". Granted the albums haven't been as good overall - although I did think that A Matter of Life and Death was pretty good, but they have still done some decent tunes in there.

"They went downhill faster than any band other than Metallica after Justice". So you don't rate the Black Album at all then? And I know that Metallica produced a lot of guff since then - not that I bought any of it, I didn't! - but I got Death Magnetic and thought that was pretty good too.

Black mark for Leroy.