Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cornwall cut off

edited November 2010 in Not Sports Related
Main trainline is closed, the road in is blocked and there are floods all over the show.

Let's hope Oggy can still get to the pub ok for his turn on the communal ZX Spectrum and dial-up internet access!

Comments

• Ha ha, Offy!

Dial up internet? I'll let you know everything is still steam-driven down here.

We did have a pretty decent storm last night, wind howling in the chimneys, rain lashing against the window pane, and dustbin lids flying through the air like old bus tickets.

It's what makes being in Cornwall special, as every tourist knows.
  • I hear Trago Mills is flooded, that'll improve the stock.
  • edited November 2010
    Good news is that the surf's up...
  • Good. Give them six months of it, see how the Cornish Indpendence Movement likes it.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]I hear Trago Mills is flooded, that'll improve the stock.

LOL
  • I don't know about all that palaver on the news .......there's now not a breath of wind, blue skies and everywhere sparkling in warmish sunshine.

In a little while I'll have my lunch sitting in the garden - it's on a hillside and I can see for miles.
    Being cut off in Cornwall isn't so bad.
  • Let's all go to Oggy's for lunch ... oh crap, we can't, he's cut off ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Let's all go to Oggy's for lunch ... oh crap, we can't, he's cut off ;-)

Ah, shame ...... I'll just have to leave your beers in the fridge.
  • Oggy, hope you're not going to use this as a reason for not coming to the Valley on Saturday.;-)
  • finally get use out of those webbed feet
  • Sponsored links:

• -19 this morning here, Oggy send me your floods over and you can have this! Not looking forward to getting in the car in a short while :(
  • edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]finally get use out of those webbed feet

I don't have webbed feet, VG .....I was born in Plumstead. And christened in Greenwich.
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]-19 this morning here, Oggy send me your floods over and you can have this! Not looking forward to getting in the car in a short while :(

I'm sure your scenery is a winter wonderland, Oaky.
    Though minus 19 sounds a bit Parky to me (is there a potential pun there, d'you reckon?)

Good luck, mate - you sound like you might need it!
  • [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Oggy, hope you're not going to use this as a reason for not coming to the Valley on Saturday.;-)

All things being equal, I'm almost certain to be coming up, Misty.
    No floods in my neck of the woods, and anyway I live half way up a steep hill so unlikely to get submerged.

Cornwall is almost an island anyway.

Now the day that Mebyon Kernow decides to blow up the bridges at Saltash, than that's the day Cornwall declares Independence and floats away into the Atlantic.

;o) .......just a little smiley in case people think I'm serious.
  • i was messin oggy and it wasnt directly aimed at you!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]I hear Trago Mills is flooded, that'll improve the stock.

LOL

Looks like someone else has been there and though WTF??
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]i was messin oggy and it wasnt directly aimed at you!

I know that, VG .......I've heard rumours that webbed feet can be seen in Gravesend.
    But down 'ere in Corrrrrnwall, me 'andsome, we more likely to get into trouble with matters concerning our sisters or farmer's sheep.

What else is there to do when it gets dark?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]I hear Trago Mills is flooded, that'll improve the stock.

LOL

Looks like someone else has been there and thought WTF??

You'm neverrrr bin Trago, 'ave you me 'ansome.....?
    Lots 'ave, y'know - 'speshly on 'oliday.

Proper cheap, but it does fall t'bits pretty sharrrrp.
  • I was stuck there having been in Truro for work from Monday, was due to get a train back today - hired a car instead and spent the day in that... zzzzz
  • boxed a boy from cornwall i tell no lie he goalkeeped every shot on his face bless somehow i got two public warnings and nearly lost the fight