Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barcelona - for a Decemeber break

edited November 2010 in Not Sports Related
Hello all,

Has anyone been during december? Which area do you recommend to stay in...Born or Ramblas look to be the final two on the shortlist.

Comments

• I stay in the Raval whenever I go (have a look for Hostal Gat Xino or the cheapy Hostal Gat Raval) - near the MACBA art gallery yet and 10 minutes' walk from Plaza Catalunya/ Las Ramblas, yet feels a bit off the tourist track.

The weather's still pretty decent in December - shirtsleeves rather than shorts weather - went a few years ago for some gigs and still managed to spend the afternoons reading a book on the beach. Should be pretty easy to get tickets for the Nou Camp too (buy from the "Servicaixia" cash points inside banks) - just don't do as I did and get pickpocketed on the way back!
  • Weather forecast for next friday is day temp of 11 degs with night of 2 degs. Fabulous city whatever the weather though.
  • Ooof. Take a jumper then :-)

It was 18C during the day when I went (around 10 December).
  • What about next weekend's game against Real Madrid. Would it be possible to get tickets at the Sevicaixa for that?
  • Doubt it. But you can get tickets for most Barca (and Real and some other clubs) games via those machines.
  • Been a couple of times Nov/Dec

Can recommend Hotel Gran Via - just 100 yards or so from Placa De Catyluna

Or bit more cash Hotel Universal - 5 mins from Ramblas.

do beware of pickpockets though
  • Went for a stag do there last weekend and went to the Villareal match. Stayed in a hotel called NH Master (reasonably priced, quite smart and walkable to the harbour and Ramblas).