Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leslie Nielsen RIP

edited November 2010 in Not Sports Related
Leslie Nielsen has died? Surely not.

Comments

• ''Of Namibia'' if you are watching the BBC with subtitles on

Very sad news.
    Why oh why did they only make 6 episodes of Police Squad?
  • Absolutely gutted to hear this. Airplane was my favourite film of all time and one of my favourite childhood memories was watching Airplane with my Grandad during the school holidays. Never heard my Grandad laugh so much as he did when watching that film. RIP Leslie.
  • Shirley you can't be serious?
  • He has.And don't call me shirley.
  • Legend. R.I.P.
  • He was a different kind of actor altogether.
  • [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]He was a different kind of actor altogether.
    He was, but that's not important

RIP
  • A sad piece of news, right up there with the recent passing of boxing's Kid Minneapolis, real name Joey Chicago, who fought out of Cinncinati (not to be mistaken with Kid New York, who fought out of Philly).
  • Sponsored links:

• "Al - youv got a piece of banana hanging from your mouth"

Shocker ! RIP
  • Funny man. RIP
  • I can't believe he was 84!
    If someone had asked me I would have said mid 60's early 70's
    RIP funny man
  • One of only a few high profile people to die that hasn't led to snidey remarks on the internet - just quote after quote

A genuine comedy genius, a great actor in his own right but one certainly will be remembered as a funny funny man.

RIP Leslie. And thanks for the laughs
  • Sad news indeed. I wonder how many 'takes' they had to do on his films before they could do it without cracking up! Thanks Leslie, RIP.

On the same subject, unfortunately, James MacArthur, Danno of Hawaii 5-0, has also passed away. Has booked his last villan.
  • RIP.
    A very funny man.
  • Anyone want 6 numbers for sat? See bernard matthews post.

The guy didnt have to speak to crack me up. Rip comedy legend.
  • Big shame, great actor. RIP
  • "We need to get these people to a hospital"

"Why, what is it?"

"It's a big building with doctors and nurses in it, but that's not important right now"
  • RIP

'Nice beaver'
  • Sponsored links:

• "What did he look like?"
    "White guy, big moustache, about 6 ft 3"
    "That's a big moustache"

RIP.
  • absolute legend! im gutted.
  • RIP

It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girl dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]''Of Namibia'' if you are watching the BBC with subtitles on

Very sad news.
    Why oh why did they only make 6 episodes of Police Squad?

The show got canceled. If it hadn't, and Zuckers/ Abrahams and co. got to make any more episodes, then The Naked Gun would never have happened!! Although I would rather watch 6 eps of Police Squad than anything else those guys did after Airplane!.

A friend of mine interviewed him on the set of Dracula Dead and Loving it. Says he got done by Nielsen's fart machine, like most of the press who ever met him. And in The Times someone wrote that he said he only wanted to be famous enough to get into golf courses.

Apart from PS, I'll always remember him for his cameo in Due South. Proof, if it were needed, that he was frikkin hilarious beyond the spoof movies, if given the right material. And he wasn't given it nearly often enough.

What. A. Guy.
  • Another great Canadian actor that many assume was a Yank. RIP
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Another great Canadian actor that many assume was a Yank. RIP[/quote]

Who is the other one?
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Another great Canadian actor that many assume was a Yank. RIP

Who is the other one?

Tommy Chong :-)