Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Great Mystery of Souley and his Gloves

WSSWSS
edited April 2007 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
I was once told by a wise old man that Souley wears gloves all year round as he has webbed fingers.

Anyone heard anything else?

Comments

• I thought he was from Senegal, not Sheppey
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I thought he was from Senegal, not Sheppey
    :-)
    I think he has has some skin complaint.
  • If he helps keep three more clean sheets, as far as I'm concerned he could wear a hockey skirt if he wants.

I think he began wearing them because he was cold and because it gave him a distinct look, but now that it's warmer, he wears them for luck. But that's just a guess.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I thought he was from Senegal, not Sheppey

LOL that made me choke on my drink!
  • He has always worn them for us:
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1181&page=1#Item_0

JimmyMelrose conjectured that perhaps he has 'Raynoud Syndrome'.
  • I actually saw him take them off on Saturday!

As he was coming off the pitch from the warm-up, he stopped to sign some autographs and whipped them off!!!
  • edited April 2007
    better not tell mrs buckshee about the sheppey comment
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]better not tell mrs buckshee about the sheppey comment

thats why it made me choke!
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]better not tell mrs buckshee about the sheppey comment

Or Mrs Medders... that's where she was born!
  • was at the fans forum tonight and pards said that he wears them to stop grazing his hands when he falls over like a girl.
  • Sponsored links:

• Girlie wuss!

Any other gossip? Are were you sworn to secrecy?
  • Not really. Good night tho. Scary the actual figures that we lose IF we go down. One thing i can say is that RM is a top bloke and cleared up a few things. And Pards is a very witty bloke but very to the point with his answers. Not like Curb's sit on the fence way of answering those difficult questions.

Henry went a bit red faced when Pards told him he talks to much ;-)

Apparently we are doing very well with the season ticket renewals. And have 600 more register for one that have never been on the system.
  • [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]Not really. Good night tho. Scary the actual figures that we lose IF we go down. One thing i can say is that RM is a top bloke and cleared up a few things. And Pards is a very witty bloke but very to the point with his answers. Not like Curb's sit on the fence way of answering those difficult questions.

Henry went a bit red faced when Pards told him he talks to much ;-)

Apparently we are doing very well with the season ticket renewals. And have 600 more register for one that have never been on the system.

I'll second that, RM did ask that anything that was said in the room stays in the room, but to be honest nothing was said that was too controversial.

Other than the Brian Cole stuff...... ;-)

I still say bring back big Bri
  • did anyone ask him about his diawara comment?
  • Nope, he answered that at the last forum I believe anyway.

He was pissed when he had a microphone put in his face and made an off the cuff remark that he now regrets.

And I have to say, what a pair of bloody nice, honest, articulate people.

And yes it was amusing when Pards shot Henry down in flames.
  • Thanks for coming up and introducing yourselves C and C NOT.

I was blushing at the fulsome praise from RM which you seem to have overlooked : -)
  • I like it this way henry. I know who you are but I'm a mystery to you! BE SCARED!! ;-)
    Besides, you looked busy.
  • You did look busy Henry.

Mr Murray does like you doesn't he, or was that a public relations front?

;-)
  • edited April 2007
    LOL - my first stalkers. : - )

I'm never to busy to say hello or are you just shy? Give me a clue what were you wearing and where were you sitting?

[cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

;-)

I think he likes me but then I would say that wouldn't I :-)
  • We were sitting in the same row as the guy who had the coughing fit and had to leave the room. Next to the man and his son who had crutches. That would have been the block of seats to your left.

I wanted to ask a question but felt that the calibre of my questions would not have been in keeping with the way the evening was going.

It was a much older audience than I expected too
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]We were sitting in the same row as the guy who had the coughing fit and had to leave the room. Next to the man and his son who had crutches. That would have been the block of seats to your left.

I wanted to ask a question but felt that the calibre of my questions would not have been in keeping with the way the evening was going.

It was a much older audience than I expected too

OK, know where you mean but can't put a face to you.

It was a more subdued night that others I've been to. Maybe the Sheff Utd result but it was an older audience that you'd get at the Valley or City Addicks.

Personally I think it was a good night but that RM and AP are almost too good to have together. Either could do it on their own. AP has a very dry wit :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]You did look busy Henry.

Mr Murray does like you doesn't he
    ;-)

Keith Harris was particularly fond of his puppet as well :-)
  • He is a very witty man, I think the high percentage of women in attendance enjoyed his appearance looking at the loving gazes he was getting and how they hung onto his every word!!

I know he mentioned very briefly about fans coming from all over to travel to Blackburn but did you get anything specific about Ormistons story? I know that would have left a few people bemused had I asked him about that
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]You did look busy Henry.

Mr Murray does like you doesn't he
    ;-)

Keith Harris was particularly fond of his puppet as well :-)

Orville was a puppet? I always thought it was you in a costume AFKA : -)
  • I'm more Cuddles the Monkey....
  • edited April 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]He is a very witty man, I think the high percentage of women in attendance enjoyed his appearance looking at the loving gazes he was getting and how they hung onto his every word!!

I know he mentioned very briefly about fans coming from all over to travel to Blackburn but did you get anything specific about Ormistons story? I know that would have left a few people bemused had I asked him about that[/quote]

APs response to the e-mail I sent to him about Ormiston can be found in this excellent article on Charlton Life
    http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=113

I was going to ask about Ormiston but the questions moved on to something else.
  • MCSMCS
    edited April 2007
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]LOL - my first stalkers. : - )

I'm never to busy to say hello or are you just shy? Give me a clue what were you wearing and where were you sitting?
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

;-)

I think he likes me but then I would say that wouldn't I :-)

Careful Henry these two are the Neanderthals that Stand...sorry sit with me in the North Upper. Don't mess with the pair of them mate... :-)
  • Can't be that hard. Too scared to say hello or stick their hands up to ask a question plus they hang around with you : -)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Can't be that hard. Too scared to say hello or stick their hands up to ask a question plus they hang around with you : -)

Silent but deadly.

Oh, and polite so as not to badger you when you look rushed

;-)