Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury struggling to hold onto Man Utd youth

TELTEL
edited January 2011 in Rumours
Bury face a huge battle to keep hold of Manchester United loan star Nicky Ajose, skysports.com can reveal.

19-year-old Ajose, an England youth international, has performed brilliantly since moving to Gigg Lane on loan in September.

The young forward has scored six goals in just 13 games so far, and his performances have brought him to the attention of a number of clubs.

His displays have also pleased his parent club, who have also offered him a new contract at Old Trafford.

Ajose's current loan deal with Bury expires on Monday, and it seems he could have played his final game for the Shakers with interest arising in both the Championship and League One.

Barnsley and Charlton are believed to be among the teams looking closely at him, although it is understood up to 12 clubs could be ready to approach United.

Comments

• Check out some of his goals, they may be on youtube- one at Aldershot I think was sublime. Would be a good addition here i think.
  • Not sure a 19 year old is what's needed up top. Would prefer something a little more experienced
  • Could have some legs this rumour as I know Charlton and United have quite a good link for loan deals after the sale of our own youth player Sean McGinty.
  • Until Parky gets the sack...and the loanee gets recalled.
  • I'd feel more confident if we had a special relationship with them to exchange young academy players to be honest
  • If he comes here he'll end up like scott sinclair. The crowd will get aggro after he touches the ball and doesnt take on the whole team and score.