Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

it aint over til its over

we've come this far...two more games aint going to hurt if it still doable...its charlton after all...history tells us we like to take it to the wire..

Comments

• i just hope you're not going Liverpool, i couldn't of took another two weeks of that sales drive.... :-)
  • I'm with you, ltgtr.

Sure we've left ourselves with a mountain to climb.

But so have West Ham, Wigan and Fulham.
    And even our old mate Colin W at Sheff Utd is still looking over his shoulder.

Two teams must go down.
    But our rivals still are all within range.

We need a win, any old win, deserved or West Ham style flukey will do.
    And if it happens, it can change everything.
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]we've come this far...two more games aint going to hurt if it still doable...its charlton after all...history tells us we like to take it to the wire..

Good Times - sad to say this, but it IS all over. We don't have the players, the fitness or the form to compete with teams like Spurs & Liverpool. As has been said many times: it is the hope that will destroy you in the end. Just accept it and start looking forward to next season!!
  • edited April 2007
    hope ?...who mentioned hope ?...if we're in the game, we're in the game...and the game hasn't ended yet...
  • edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]we've come this far...two more games aint going to hurt if it still doable...its charlton after all...history tells us we like to take it to the wire..

Good Times - sad to say this, but it IS all over. We don't have the players, the fitness or the form to compete with teams like Spurs & Liverpool. As has been said many times: it is the hope that will destroy you in the end. Just accept it and start looking forward to next season!!

You Pete are quite possibly the biggest doom monger i know !

Its NOT all over. You may have resigned yourself to the worst, but while there is still 3 points to be had at the Valley, i'm not giving up.

Nor should anyone.
  • But how many more "Must Win" games are we going to blow completely? Spurs will take great pleasure in sending us down.
  • Hey, guys, are we just going to The Valley to have a funeral wake?

Or is there still 3 points to be won?

I'm sure Spurs will take great pleasure in sending us down.
    But only if WE limply lay down and let them.

And 'we' includes Pards, the players - and us, the crowd.
    C'mon, you Addicks, Scunthorpe can wait.....
  • Equally HH we would take great pleasure in making sure they didn't get into Europe!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]But how many more "Must Win" games are we going to blow completely? Spurs will take great pleasure in sending us down.[/quote]

hey, that's football...if we worried about that sort of thing we'd all start following another sport...
  • edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]You Pete are quite possibly the biggest doom monger i know !

LOL. Thanks Danny, I feel so proud!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Guys, there's the head position and the heart position. As a reasonably intelligent and logical person, I conclude we probably are not going to get out of it. As a fan, I absolutely refuse to believe it's over till its over!. As a Father, I had the difficult task of choosing whether to tell my eight year old son with learning difficulties what I thought was likely. He is adopted and trust is a huge issue for him. I chose to tell him that we were probably going to be playing Palarse next season. Was I right? I bloody well hope not!!
  • edited April 2007
    Bing, in your position, you did the right thing. Honesty is the best policy. We all hope, of course we do, but we've been in the bottom three all season and with two to play it don't look good. Don't they say it's the hope that kills you, or something like that. BTW, I don't know you but I damned well admire you.
  • I for one aint giving up