Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could be a great game on Monday

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Okay Spurs are favourites to win, but that doesn't mean they will - we have to show the players that we still have hope and it hasn't killed us yet! They mustn't be allowed to give up - three points could be all we need to stay up.

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I just pray that the results go our way on Saturday

Fulham Lose to Liverpool
    Wigan lose to Boro
    Cheats lose to Bolton

Can you see it?
  • I wonder how many will stay behind for the 'lap of honour' if the 'R' thing happens on Monday night?
  • Monday could also be very horrible if we dont do well... the amount people will have drunk.
    Think it could be very hairy on and off the pitch.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Monday could also be very horrible if we dont do well... the amount people will have drunk.

I know, its going to be a great night, whatever happens. The nasty atmosphere, the tension, the slagging off. It's a bit like when my wifes got PMT, so I'm well used to it.....:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Monday could also be very horrible if we dont do well... the amount people will have drunk.

Thing is we are going to need quite an atmosphere to get something out of the players. If they give everything they've got to win the match, then things should be fine in the main. The results over the weekend will have a fair affect on everyone's perception of the game.
  • good result / bad result, the thing i want more than anything is on live television us supporters come out with our heads held high, showing the nation that even in adversity what great fans we are.

Whatever the result, in injury time i want to see Stand Up If You Love Charlton echoing round the ground.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]good result / bad result, the thing i want more than anything is on live television us supporters come out with our heads held high, showing the nation that even in adversity what great fans we are.

Whatever the result, in injury time i want to see Stand Up If You Love Charlton echoing round the ground.

Damn right. Proud to be Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite] Thing is we are going to need quite an atmosphere to get something out of the players.

Is it me, or do they do better when there's no atmosphere and they think no one is watching? Maybe all the noise breaks their concentration?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]good result / bad result, the thing i want more than anything is on live television us supporters come out with our heads held high, showing the nation that even in adversity what great fans we are.

me to, but that's assuming in injury time there is anyone left there...
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Thing is we are going to need quite an atmosphere to get something out of the players.

Is it me, or do they do better when there's no atmosphere and they think no one is watching? Maybe all the noise breaks their concentration?
    Unfortunately it sometimes seems that way.

Anyway I am hoping for a great atmosphere and like AFKA says, continuous 'Stand Up If You Love Charlton' from the 89th minute till the final whistle.
  • Sponsored links:

• The one thing that gives me a little hope about Monday is that Spurs have let in 52 goals this year which is only four less than us and they've got England's No1 Goalie. Darren Bent has never scored a hattrick for us. What a leaving present that would be...
  • Good points Valley!

C'MON CHARLTON!
  • Don't know about Monday, but Tuesday (the sponsors' dinner) won't be much fun for some of us if reality has hit by then...
  • Yeah, it will be a nervy week, perched so perilously close to the relegation zone :-)
  • I shall be in a bar in the Algarve proudly wearing my shirt whatever the outcome. "Charlton til i die"