Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hi Honey, I'm home.

Well I watched the game V Sheff Utd in a bar in the Caribbean @10am local time and got smashed on bottles of Presidente for less than a £1 each. Could not get the Blackburn game, but have been catching up via the internet about the reports etc. It looks like you all had a good day out without me. Is there any other gossip that I have missed out on while I have been away for the last 2 weeks?

Does anyone want to sum it all up for me in a few paragraphs?

Comments

• how about 4 words

WE ARE GOING DOWN.
  • Can't give up now, at long last on Monday we really do have a must win game.
    If other results go our way then a win against Spurs may be enough to keep us up.

C'MON CHARLTON!
  • Welcome back, hope you and the family had anice holiday.

In a paragraph,

Its not looking good, whether its nerves or we've run out of steam, the team has lost its edge a little last couple of games. That last min Everton goal is now looking a real demotivator. Some have already jacked in the towel, far too prematurely, yet the fact remains if we beat Spurs and Liverpool beat Fulham and Boro beat Wigan next weekend, we will be out the bottom three with one game to go. All to play for, Monday will decide our season, and the crowd at the Valley on Monday has to mirror the 6,000 at Blackburn, in what was probably the best travelling support the club has ever had.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]how about 4 words

WE ARE GOING DOWN.

Cheers Ledge.....I feel sooooo much better for hearing that again after spending 2 weeks in the sun with 2 Palace fans who had great joy at taking the piss out of CAFC when we lost at Blackburn.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Welcome back, hope you and the family had anice holiday.

In a paragraph,

Its not looking good, whether its nerves or we've run out of steam, the team has lost its edge a little last couple of games. That last min Everton goal is now looking a real demotivator. Some have already jacked in the towel, far too prematurely, yet the fact remains if we beat Spurs and Liverpool beat Fulham and Boro beat Wigan next weekend, we will be out the bottom three with one game to go. All to play for, Monday will decide our season, and the crowd at the Valley on Monday has to mirror the 6,000 at Blackburn, in what was probably the best travelling support the club has ever had.

Thanks AFKA, we all had a great time and would recommend it to anyone. I would have loved to have been part of operation Ewood. I'm in a bloody box on Monday night but I will try and get to see you all in the pub during the day, where is everyone going?
  • welcome home hillsy..... i've deliberately booked a holiday in barbados , going tomorrow , to coincide with our end of season..... i need to get away before i murder a palace fan(s) ... the text messages are coming thru already...... but there's still a very small amount of hope...................fingers crossed!! UP THE ADDICKS!!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]the best travelling support the club has ever had.
    It wasn't that good! There were quite a few moments of silence, although the blame for that could be put on the 9 men in the red shirts.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]the best travelling support the club has ever had.[/quote]
    It wasn't that good! There were quite a few moments of silence, although the blame for that could be put on the 9 men in the red shirts.[/quote]

i dont remember any moments of silence where i was standing...even when they scored, fans around me were trying to get it going straight away...i think afka's right, it probably was the best support we've ever had...it started before the game and kept going until after it and as i posted sunday night, at times it was bedlam with one song/chant starting before the last one had finished...
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]the best travelling support the club has ever had.
    It wasn't that good! There were quite a few moments of silence, although the blame for that could be put on the 9 men in the red shirts.

i dont remember any moments of silence where i was standing...even when they scored, fans around me were trying to get it going straight away...i think afka's right, it probably was the best support we've ever had...it started before the game and kept going until after it and as i posted sunday night, at times it was bedlam with one song/chant starting before the last one had finished...
    Guess I was in a quiet area (lower tier on the left). Sometimes it was hard to work out what chant to join!