Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Shittu

Been released by Millwall.

Is he worth signing?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6702746,00.html

Comments

• Similar problem to Zheng Zhi unfortunately.
  • Worth a look if forch is off.
  • I thought our number 1 attribute for our desired CB was pace to rescue the rest of the back four?

On that basis, it's a no, unless Forch and/or Llera is off and we are shopping for two centre halves
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Similar problem to Zheng Zhi unfortunately.

LOL

[cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Worth a look if forch is off.

Don't know what DS's form has been like but certainly worth a look.

Would have been here with Powell first time around as well. Although let's face it CP must have played with 75% of current pro footballers : - )
  • Don't think we stand a chance with Shittu. Thought he was moving back to QPR.
  • edited January 2011
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I thought our number 1 attribute for our desired CB was pace to rescue the rest of the back four?

On that basis, it's a no, unless Forch and/or Llera is off and we are shopping for two centre halves[/quote]

Well said, Don't need another slow CB we have four already. Although good in the air, Its a no no.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Don't think we stand a chance with Shittu. Thought he was moving back to QPR.

Remember this is new, improved, loadsofmoney Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Don't think we stand a chance with Shittu. Thought he was moving back to QPR.

Remember this is new, improved, loadsofmoney Charlton.

Lol, I'm not as convinced as everyone else but if he did sign, that would be a much greater coup than BWP imo.

I'm hoping for Joleon Lescott though.
  • shittu has been shittu

next candidate please
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I'm hoping for Joleon Lescott though.

On his current form I think I'd rather have the Doc ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I'm hoping for Joleon Lescott though.[/quote]

On his current form I think I'd rather have the Doc ;-)[/quote]

Blimey, that bad?
  • Lescott would be a very good signing for Arsenal imo.

With regard to Shittu I suppose anything could happen and I think back to Ketman's comment a few weeks back when he mentioned 2 perms and 2 loan signings coming in, all of good quality.
  • Shittu would be a monster at this level - yes please!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Worth a look if forch is off.

In the plymouth program there was an interview with him and it said that his contract was up at the end of the season. So I can only presume we quietly extended it/there was a clause of play in x games and it gets extended....
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks

.........there was a clause of play in x games and it gets extended....[/cite]

I wish there was a clause in it that would help him run faster again.
  • used to be a youth player at cafc!! if nobody has said this already in this thread!
  • edited January 2011
  • Has the biggest head I have ever seen. Looks like a bowling ball!

Has a very high opinion of himself if the interview he gave whilst at Millwall is to be believed. He'll get a Championship club on reputation alone.
  • I think he would a top signing myself
  • Some of you are still living in another world.

We didn't release him. His short term contract has ended with us.

We offered him a deal. He verbally agreed. QPR have come calling, offered him a better deal. He asked us to match it. We declined.

Should be signing for QPR any day apparently.

He won't be signing for Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• He could make a good partnership with Zheng Zhi
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Some of you are still living in another world.

We didn't release him. His short term contract has ended with us.

We offered him a deal. He verbally agreed. QPR have come calling, offered him a better deal. He asked us to match it. We declined.

Should be signing for QPR any day apparently.

He won't be signing for Charlton.

don't want him anyway ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Some of you are still living in another world.
    Aye. It's a fantasy world - where you c***s don't exist and are forced to go back to sniffing creosote on Saturday afternoons instead of terrorising the good folk of Sarf East Landon. :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Have you ever seen him play? I was a regular watcher of him at under 19 level and he is certainly NOT slow. Takes a time to turn but once he is running is pretty quick. Was a good athlete at home. Was very raw when he played for us and it was not a big suprise when we released him.
  • millsmall reject, no thanks.
  • [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Have you ever seen him play? I was a regular watcher of him at under 19 level and he is certainly NOT slow. Takes a time to turn but once he is running is pretty quick. Was a good athlete at home. Was very raw when he played for us and it was not a big suprise when we released him.
    Oggy was talking about Fortune
  • [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]millsmall reject, no thanks.

Not rejected by Millwall fella, they wanted to keep him but QPR and possibly Wolves are looking at him and he wanted to move on.
  • Dickplumb you have probably answered your own question there. you watched him at under19 level. how many years, or more importantly how many injuries have passed since then?
  • Just signed for QPR.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Not rejected by Millwall fella, they wanted to keep him but QPR and possibly Wolves are looking at him and he wanted to move on.[/quote]

Fair enough.