Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason euell bankrupt

According to karen brady's column in the sun.

Comments

• Oh dear!

Be prepared, be very prepared!
  • He put some money into property investments while he was at Charlton. They failed over the last year, since when he has found several contracts on which his signature was forged. So, basically, he has earned £6m over his career and been defrauded of everything.

His bankruptcy should be discharged after 12 months. So hopefully he'll have two or three years of football left to make amends.

Thoroughly decent bloke who has had to overcome terrible personal tragedies. I hope it turns round for him.
  • Seconded Chizz.
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]He put some money into property investments while he was at Charlton. They failed over the last year, since when he has found several contracts on which his signature was forged. So, basically, he has earned £6m over his career and been defrauded of everything.

His bankruptcy should be discharged after 12 months. So hopefully he'll have two or three years of football left to make amends.

Thoroughly decent bloke who has had to overcome terrible personal tragedies. I hope it turns round for him.

I don't want to sound unsympathetic, but, by all accounts, he has led a rather lavish lifestyle, and with his earnings he didn't need to be investing in property to make more. I can only guess he did it (and let others run it for him) because he thought he could earn more money without having to do any more work for it. On that basis he, perhaps, should have been a little more cautious with the £6m he has earned over a career that most of the population would have loved to have had.

We have all suffered personal tragedies, and he has my sympathy for those, but he hasn't been defrauded of 'everything', he has spent a lot of that money on things we will never ever see.

If he has filed for bankruptcy, that means that he has wiped off his debts, some of which will be to people that have a lot less than he has, and don't have the potential to earn the kind of money he will be able to do when, 12 months down the road, his debts are all gone and his is discharged from bankruptcy.
  • When you are bankrupt, what happens to you monthly income? Do you have to live off a really basic amount?
  • [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]He put some money into property investments while he was at Charlton. They failed over the last year, since when he has found several contracts on which his signature was forged. So, basically, he has earned £6m over his career and been defrauded of everything.

I don't want to sound unsympathetic, but, by all accounts, he has led a rather lavish lifestyle, and with his earnings he didn't need to be investing in property to make more. I can only guess he did it (and let others run it for him) because he thought he could earn more money without having to do any more work for it. On that basis he, perhaps, should have been a little more cautious with the £6m he has earned over a career that most of the population would have loved to have had.

We have all suffered personal tragedies, and he has my sympathy for those, but he hasn't been defrauded of 'everything', he has spent a lot of that money on things we will never ever see.

If he has filed for bankruptcy, that means that he has wiped off his debts, some of which will be to people that have a lot less than he has, and don't have the potential to earn the kind of money he will be able to do when, 12 months down the road, his debts are all gone and his is discharged from bankruptcy.

A lot of footballers buy property. Okay, lets say you have a decent paying playing career for say, ten years. What is your income for the rest of your life? You probably have no formal education after gcses and your body is absolutely knackered. Sure £6 million is a lot, but remember he probably wants to raise a family, give them a good start in life and be able to enjoy the rest of his life with a spouse. Maybe he's always been interested in property development and wanted to go into that after football? You can't just assume that because the business failed he put no work into it.
  • edited February 2011
    I don't want to speculate about what might or might not have happened. Just want to wish him well.

(Which is a lot more than I would like to wish Karren Brady, who should not be speculating in the national press about him).
  • Jeez, Karen Brady has no place in football, did you see her complaining about sexism the other day, gimme a break love...
  • edited January 2011
    "A lot of footballers buy property. Okay, lets say you have a decent paying playing career for say, ten years. What is your income for the rest of your life? You probably have no formal education after gcses and your body is absolutely knackered. Sure £6 million is a lot, but remember he probably wants to raise a family, give them a good start in life and be able to enjoy the rest of his life with a spouse. Maybe he's always been interested in property development and wanted to go into that after football? You can't just assume that because the business failed he put no work into it."

No, but his comments about someone else signing his name suggest that he was hardly very hands on. I seriously doubt that he could be involved yet not realise that someone 'stole' enough money from him that he had to file for bankruptcy after earning £6m.
  • I might be wrong but wasn't he one of the players at Southampton who gave up his wages so that staff could get paid when they were in trouble?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just signed for Doncaster Rovers for an initial one month