Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Power Snooker

Anyone watch the Power Snooker on saturday?
Ronnie O'Sullivan won the 1st tournement.. Great new format.. makes it so much more interesting
& that style suits Ronnies game to a tee!

Comments

• I thought it was shite.

The 20 second shot rule was about the only decent thing it had going for it.

Each to their own, though..
  • I liked it, the crowd was pretty rowdy too which some of the players embraced, others didn't.
  • Didn't watch it but saw the rules. Gimmicky nonsense.
  • What next 20/20 cricket?
  • snooker would die on it's arse without Barry Hearn and these new tournaments / formats
  • interesting, i expect it to get boring v quick. the rules need tweeking, but dont ask me what.
  • Reminded me of Big Break.
  • another new tournament starts tonight, one frame shoot out (or max 10 mins duration with whoever is in front at the time)

20 sec shot clock for first 5 mins then 15 sec for final 5

pick the white and place anywhere in the event of a foul

a ball must hit a cushion every shot (except pots)

Ronnie O'Sullivan is 14/1 to win it, bit of a lottery really to be honest, 64 players in it.

Live on Sky
  • It sounds like modern life.

How about trying to sing VFR in under 20 seconds?
  • cricket, boxing, darts and now snooker have been getting the shortened makeover in recent years.

How long before some new format is introduced to a football cup competition ?
  • Sponsored links:

• You may as well do so to the JPT because it's a stupid competition anyway.

How about 5 minutes each way and then in the event of a draw the players have to play soggy biscuit to decide the winner.
  • just watched the drago v mcleod game. brilliant entertainment.

its a bit of fun and something different. enjoyed it.
  • Anyone know where its being held? Don't have sky sports but would watch it live in future, got to give it a chance having never seen it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Hig[/cite]Anyone know where its being held? Don't have sky sports but would watch it live in future, got to give it a chance having never seen it.

Blackpool, I think.
  • Snookers attempt to win over a lot of the dart audience I guess, watched bits of it, seemed alright.
  • harmless fun, plenty of crowd banter and the players seem to be enjoying it.
  • bet peter ebdon enjoys it
  • not power snooker so nice bump lol

btw im loving the snooker shootout its quality something different
  • I watched a fair bit of the snooker shootout yesterday and thought it was very entertaining. I was wondering about trying to organise a tournament at my club (average age: 80) - could bring some much needed excitement to the place!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]cricket, boxing, darts and now snooker have been getting the shortened makeover in recent years.

I have always thought it would be great to have a 5 a side competition amongst the pro teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]cricket, boxing, darts and now snooker have been getting the shortened makeover in recent years.

I have always thought it would be great to have a 5 a side competition amongst the pro teams.

We had an excellent 6 a side team. Soccer Six Champions 1988.
  • what about topless ladies snooker, as we are not sexist , and we all like to watch snooker,
  • Snooker Shootout is terrible.

Most cringey sports event in years.