Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confirmed: Dyer - Ass. Manager, Matthew - 1st Team Coach, Peacock - Technical Director

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
According to the Mail today we are trying to appoint Alex Dyer as Assistant manager, but West Ham are keen to hang on to him. There is also a suggestion that we would like to bring Deano into the coaching team. The next few days should be very interesting, my first thought was League One battles with Premiership, but of course we could be playing the Hammers next season which shows how quickly things can change.

Comments

• It's not just the clubs' respective leagues. The significance of the role at each club plays a part, too. He'd be the #2 at Charlton as opposed to the reserve team boss at Upton Park. West Ham, you'd imagine, are hoping they can convince him to be patient and he'll eventually get to that stage with them down the line.
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: liamhappe[/cite]It's not just the clubs' respective leagues. The significance of the role at each club plays a part, too. He'd be the #2 at Charlton as opposed to the reserve team boss at Upton Park. West Ham, you'd imagine, are hoping they can convince him to be patient and he'll eventually get to that stage with them down the line.

If that's the only reason they give him for staying at WHU i think he'd be on the first Woolwich Ferry coming in our direction.
  • West Ham seem to be a club in turmoil, what guarantee is there for Dyer that if Grant goes another manager won't come in and clear out the backroom staff? We seem to have gone through the turmoil and it does look lioke we are in for a period of stability, which would offer Dyer more security and the ability to be at the begining of something. Lets hope he can get away if Chrissy wants him so much.
  • Just saw this on twitter:

M_Fry90 Matthew Fry
    Should be Alex Dyers 1st day at #cafc tomorrow. Good coach and personality!
  • I'm not sure that these people know any more than us, but they seem convinced that he's gone: KUMB Story
  • that sounds good! :)
  • Confirmed he has signed at 8.27 this morning
  • [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Confirmed he has signed at 8.27 this morning

Yeah I just read that in the SLP
  • Sponsored links:

• says on wiki defender ??
    that must have been him at the end of his career cos i always remember him as a poor mans morts, in a bit of a free role midfielder/ attacking wise ......nice lazy style of natural footballer , a bit like my old self ......
  • wonderful tool the internet.......you cant even fart without the world knowing within 5 minutes...remember the days when the only news you got from the club was the Kentish Times and the Mercury on a Thursday
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]says on wiki defender ??
    that must have been him at the end of his career cos i always remember him as a poor mans morts, in a bit of a free role midfielder/ attacking wise ......nice lazy style of natural footballer , a bit like my old self ......

wiki is always a bit dubious....I agree with you about his position
  • Club handbook says forward. No mention of defending. Perhaps he played in defence for someone else, after all he played on for anther 8 years after leaving us - if you believe wiki ;-)
  • He converted to full back after leaving us . if you remember he had big injury whilst with us and this was a way of extending his career.

Big mate of Sir Chris , when Powell first signed he told a story of him and Dyer watching the Charlton v Sunderland match together on the TV.
  • It can't be true ....... not on the OS.

Unless, what with making coffee, reading The Sun, and that Monday morning feeling, the OS peeps haven't quite got round to it yet.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It can't be true ....... not on the OS.

Unless, what with making coffee, readingThe Sun, and that Monday morning feeling, the OS peeps haven't quite got round to it yet.

;o)

Now now Oggy, leave them alone it is monday you know! ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]wonderful tool the internet.......you cant even fart without the world knowing within 5 minutes...remember the days when the only news you got from the club was the Kentish Times and the Mercury on a Thursday

Or clubcall at 50p per minute for those of us living outside the southeast!

It wasn't unusual to turn up for the first game of the season and not recongnise one or two faces because we had no idea we'd signed them! That was on the rare occassion that we did sign somebody. Once upon a time we'd had a busy summer if we sold three and signed two, none of this 20 out 15 in malarky.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Or clubcall at 50p per minute for those of us living outside the southeast!

Clubcall used to cost me a bloody fortune finding out the latest news about the club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]wonderful tool the internet.......you cant even fart without the world knowing within 5 minutes...remember the days when the only news you got from the club was the Kentish Times and the Mercury on a Thursday

Or clubcall at 50p per minute for those of us living outside the southeast!

It wasn't unusual to turn up for the first game of the season and not recongnise one or two faces because we had no idea we'd signed them! That was on the rare occassion that we did sign somebody. Once upon a time we'd had a busy summer if we sold three and signed two, none of this 20 out 15 in malarky.

That was back in the days when I actually worked for a company....I dread to think what the phone bill was like......
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes I remember Clubcall, used to dial up at least twice a day from work. After a while I got hauled into the MD's office and was accused of listening to sex sites whilst at work, I explained that it was Clubcall and the reaction was "oh that's OK then"
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Yes I remember Clubcall, used to dial up at least twice a day from work. After a while I got hauled into the MD's office and was accused of listening to sex sites whilst at work, I explained that it was Clubcall and the reaction was "oh that's OK then"

Thought you were going to say he thought that was worse.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Or clubcall at 50p per minute for those of us living outside the southeast!

Clubcall used to cost me a bloody fortune finding out the latest news about the club.

Clubcall used to cost my work a bloody fortune finding out the latest news about the club.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Yes I remember Clubcall, used to dial up at least twice a day from work. After a while I got hauled into the MD's office and was accused of listening to sex sites whilst at work, I explained that it was Clubcall and the reaction was "oh that's OK then"

When he found out it was Charlton Clubcall, he probably felt sorry for you ...and didn't have the heart to punish you further.

;o)
  • edited January 2011
    Kit man just confirmed it Alex Dyer is the new assistant on twitter.
  • Still nothing on OS .......?

Or even News Hopper.

:o)
  • Dyer played left back for Oxford United after he left us. He played against us at The Valley (at LB).
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Still nothing on OS .......?

To busy dotting the i's and crossing the t's on our treble deadline day swoop ;-)

p.s. I'm seeing CPM tomorrow so i'll give you a text re.Saturday pal
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    p.s. I'm seeing CPM tomorrow so i'll give you a text re.Saturday pal

Righto, ISaw.
  • http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2281107,00.html