Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luke Young to Aston Villa for 2m

edited May 2007 in Rumours
according to the express. Deal or no deal ? Deal for me. Get Sankofa training during the summer even a loan somewhere for a couple of games and I think the lad will do well.

Comments

• He's worth much more than that, a full England international whos played a couple hundred premier league games?

Also he only signed a four year contract last summer so I'd expect at the very least double that.
  • not at that price, not with the money floating around this summer.
  • fair enough about the dosh i hope our board are thinking the same as you guys
  • no deal

Worth double if not more - he is an England international and will surely figure in Estonia as well/.

Why loan sankofa out he doesn't need loaning out he has played PL footie and coped well enough with that to say he will be up to Championship football no bother.
  • I think lose loooooke warm, i'd take 60 quid for him right now! Osei in at RB for next season, i thought he did really well when luke the puke got injured, in the champ he will be a top player.
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]I think lose loooooke warm, i'd take 60 quid for him right now! Osei in at RB for next season, i thought he did really well when luke the puke got injured, in the champ he will be a top player.
    you mean loan out Sankofa then?

£2M is not enough for Luke, we should hold out for £3.5M to £4M.

I suppose there is is failed fitness test at the cheaters to bear in mind.
  • Agree with the others. the money floating around the prem next season means 2mill is a lot less than we should get. If he is one of those going in the summer I would imagine there would be a few clubs interested.
  • £3m for Young, and go out and buy a decent right back, Sankofa isn't good enough
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]£3m for Young, and go out and buy a decent right back, Sankofa isn't good enough

Quite right mate, he's never convinced me as a right back. Far too lightweight, and just not up to it.

Shame though because I would rather we had a youngster come up than buy someone
  • we should expect a lot more offers of this sort to come through over the coming months if we get relegated, better get used to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Young is worth the fat end of four million at least. We sold Mills for more than that nearly ten years ago!

As long as whatever money we get is spent wisely and not wanked up the wall
  • The board will probably try and re-coup the original fee, which is fair enough, especially with the money floating around this summer.

Sankofa maybe good enough for the Championship :o(
  • 2p more like. If we drop we'll want to lighten the wage bill too. He's run of the mill, get rid.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]2p more like. If we drop we'll want to lighten the wage bill too. He's run of the mill, get rid.

That's why most teams outside the big 4 will be looking at him
  • Sankofa was out of his depth in the Premier but will probably do a decent job in the Championship.
  • I'd take £3-4M and reduce the wage bill.
  • what about this long term injury he had when he tried to move to West Ham and the west ham's insurers failed his medical?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]what about this long term injury he had when he tried to move to West Ham and the west ham's insurers failed his medical?

Perhaps Villa like signing crocks more than us??
  • £2M plus J Lloyd Samuel anyone?

Failed medical was to do with an arthritic hip, wasn't it, so that is sure to effect his long term value.
  • Er, hello? Upson just went for 6 million and he was an injury prone center-half with far less Prem experience than Young.

According to my calculations, Young should be looking at about 6 million as well if we do go down because he is on contract and is on the verge of the England squad. If Micah Richards is worth 15 million then Young has to be worth at least half that?
  • Sponsored links:

• So many blinkers, he is tosh!
  • Hadn't Kinsella's knees been starting to play up when Villa signed him?

We should have kept Sorondo and tried to flog him to them as well...
  • Sorondo was on £28K a week for the time he was with us, and he played how many games did he play? 6 may be 7
  • upsons career is on the way up, Young's I suggest is not..
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]upsons career is on the way up, Young's I suggest is not..[/quote]

Don't agree with that at all. Young was in the England squad just a couple of months back and would definitely get a move to a mid-tier Premiership club like Villa whereas Upson, talented player though he is, has had an injury plagued career and did not get much Premiership interest when he went down with Brum last year.

Young is a decent full-back, not top-class, and should bring in well over 6 million given what he has achieved in the game.
  • 3.5 mil with the bigger money wed be stupid to do it for anything less...

why do we always lose money on plkayers even if we have improved them and got them in the England setup or close ala Murphy......
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]3.5 mil with the bigger money wed be stupid to do it for anything less...

why do we always lose money on plkayers even if we have improved them and got them in the England setup or close ala Murphy......

Careful mate, I'll bet you someone will bite at you and say we didn't lose money on Murphy!!

I'll make you right, we seem to just let players go for bugger all most the time. Rommedahl for instance will go for nothing in the summer when we could have got rid for money last summer.
  • Funny that we buy a player, he gets 100% better then we sell him for less. Only Charlton.
  • You get a lot of mixed views when it comes to Luke.

He may well not be in the international bracket that he got elevated to, but what he is is a solid, reliable and consistent Premiership performer and i'm pretty sure there will be more than one club interested in him. With the inflated market this summer, i would be looking to achieve a fee between £4-5m for him.

I would however be more than happy to see him stay though.
  • he is a good player, but I don't think we could afford to turn down £4M for a full back