Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone else (apart from morts genius) get heartburn

MCSMCS
edited May 2007 in Troubleshooting
All the time! constantly popping zantacs and sometimes rennie!

I know there is a chemist fellow on here, but cant remember who!

If i am right could you give me some tips to beat the dreaded acid in me windpipe! It bloody hurts man!

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

Latimer is your man...
  • don't eat so fast?

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=191
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

Latimer is your man...

thats it, lats, he is the chemist geezere.

[cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]don't eat so fast?

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=191

I dont, i eat slow, and i eat healthy, dont take no sugar in anytrhing, rarely eat chocolate or crisps and dont do take-a-ways ala mcdons mingin kfc and such like!
  • Chew your Food ..?
  • drink lots of beer tho!
  • when you eat, make sure that the area around your mouth is not obstructed by any hirsute adornments
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]when you eat, make sure that the area around your mouth is not obstructed by any hirsute adornments

that would be difficult!!

Anyway i might not be able to shave my beard off now, as my boss keeps making sly comments sayin that he hates my beard! He said once, as we had a customer visit to come in trimmed up! Cheek! The most annoying thing is there is this sikh fellow here who is bro to the genral manager, and he has an even gianter beard than me, yet no one moans! I reckon it discrimination towards gingers, or gingerist if ya like! its not on! So i might have to grow it as scraggly and rotten just to pizz them orf!

Also anyone see the program the other day called, 'F**k off i'm Ginger' ! now that was annoying!

anyway how do you get heartburn if you eat slow, healthily, dont eat crap! i reckon i got a fuckedup oesophagus as it runs in the family
  • Not long til the sponsored cut throat shave... that'll sort out all your problems Ollie...
  • If you wanna pm me I can give you a shed load of advice on what to eat and what to avoid. I've had it for about 10 years but I've learnt to handle it just by avoiding certain foods.
  • lay off the marching powder
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]lay off the marching powder

dont touch the stuff mate, 'orrible shit that! me love a smerk but not anything else!
  • smoking gives ya heartburn.

Get it checked out by the doctor, you might have ulcers.
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]smoking gives ya heartburn.

Get it checked out by the doctor, you might have ulcers.

doctor schmoctor, i went 10 year ago and he told me stop eating greasy food and i'll be ok, so i did and it was the same! i stopped all good (when i say good i really mean bad) food like egg butties and lard sandwiches and its no different! My bro the poster morts genius gets it, he dont smoke and never has!
    All i can say is that its a Ray Reardon!

A freind of mine (millwall hoolie!) gets it, so he went his doctor (the poofter) and they did this thing where they shoved a camara down his throat, and he said after that it got worse! its wierd!
  • And btw, i only started smoking when i was about 21/22, and i been getting heartburn since i was 15/16!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]And btw, i only started smoking when i was about 21/22, and i been getting heartburn since i was 15/16!

that'll be the batteries you used to lick at school.
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]And btw, i only started smoking when i was about 21/22, and i been getting heartburn since i was 15/16!

that'll be the batteries you used to lick at school.

dont you mean the duracells (ya no, ginger)

cab for ollie!
  • You need to take Acidophilus tablets from Holland & Barrett. They work wonders for me. I used to suffer all the time but I never get it anymore. Totally natural cure as well - no harmful chemicals.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]You need to take Acidophilus tablets from Holland & Barrett. They work wonders for me. I used to suffer all the time but I never get it anymore. Totally natural cure as well - no harmful chemicals.

cool i will give them a bash cheers pete. you ok?
  • Good thanks Ollie. Start with 2 a day; 1 after breakfast & 1 after your evening meal. They work by releasing billions of good bacteria into your stomach, so your digestion is hugely improved. This then cuts down the amount of acid in your stomach, which causes heartburn when it escapes into your oesophagus.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Good thanks Ollie. Start with 2 a day; 1 after breakfast & 1 after your evening meal. They work by releasing billions of good bacteria into your stomach, so your digestion is hugely improved. This then cuts down the amount of acid in your stomach, which causes heartburn when it escapes into your oesophagus.

yeah see that sounds like it makes sense, thats why i take that zan tac stuff, it stops the production of to much acid! I will go to matt holland and barrett and get some! nice one dood
  • Sponsored links:

• Mint tea works well. Have a cup before bed and say goodbye to the burn.
  • The good stuff over the counter is Zantac plus Gaviscon Advance (blocks sinks!) you can also purchase Zanprol which is given on prescription as Omeprazole..a rather good chemical. Zanprol though is a bit pricey, I would suggest that as your symptoms are not entirely relieved by Zantac etc. that you have a consultation with your GP

Good luck
  • Keep me updated, although it could be something to do with the stress of Charlton?
    You should be cured for the summer! (not unless you follow a crap cricket team!)
  • i love the fact you put this in the troubleshooting category !
  • http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/27000863/

For your info too MCS, check out some of the lifefstyle stuff re nicotine and caffeine etc
  • [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]The good stuff over the counter is Zantac plus Gaviscon Advance (blocks sinks!) you can also purchase Zanprol which is given on prescription as Omeprazole..a rather good chemical. Zanprol though is a bit pricey, I would suggest that as your symptoms are not entirely relieved by Zantac etc. that you have a consultation with your GP

Good luck

Hi lats,

i once used zanprol when it first become available at chemist without perscription, it was excellent i must say, if not a bit pricey! Your right re zantac, it works pretty ok, but not 100% all the time! i take one before i go to bed so i dont get woken up with heartburn!

As an aside, i looked at the patient site, and it does sound like i have that acid reflux, that sounds the most like my pains!

[cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Keep me updated, although it could be something to do with the stress of Charlton?
    You should be cured for the summer! (not unless you follow a crap cricket team!)

sure will bro, also i will keep the old man, Sammy and the rest of the jippers upodated too!

[cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i love the fact you put this in the troubleshooting category !

Yeah i thought it is troubleshooting innit!
  • Dood, you know the only real cure don't you?

I'll show you in the Bugle Monday if you want??
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Dood, you know the only real cure don't you?

i shudder to think! lol
  • Apparently it's good for skin too
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Dood, you know the only real cure don't you?

i shudder to think! lol

And there was me thinking about a pre match pint in the bugle on monday??

maybe not!