Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youth Players

Every time I have watched Solly at RB I have been impressed. We now have Jenkinson who has broken into the first team and has looked very good in his couple of appearances. I have also heard a lot about Cousins and saw him in a pre season game - will he be ready for next season?

Jenkinson seems to have the size of a centre back and I am sure has played there for the U18's and I think Cousins maybe plays LB...whats the chance of our defence next season looking like this:

Elliott
Solly Jenkinson Mambo Cousins

Comments

• Options
    I am a regular watcher of the U18s and Cousins is not a left back, neither is Jenkinson a Central defender. They have both played in central defence but they are not good enough in the air for the first division. Both of their best positions, in my eyes, is right back. Although Cousins can play as a defensive midfield player. Mambo is more suited to non league football.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]I am a regular watcher of the U18s and Cousins is not a left back, neither is Jenkinson a Central defender. They have both played in central defence but they are not good enough in the air for the first division. Both of their best positions, in my eyes, is right back. Although Cousins can play as a defensive midfield player. Mambo is more suited to non league football.[/quote]

I would be interested to know who of the 3 (Jenkinson, Solly & Cousins) you think will turn out to be the best player? Shame that we seem to have 3 good players come through the youth team all in the same position I guess. Is Cousins likely to make the step up next season?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]I am a regular watcher of the U18s and Cousins is not a left back, neither is Jenkinson a Central defender. They have both played in central defence but they are not good enough in the air for the first division. Both of their best positions, in my eyes, is right back. Although Cousins can play as a defensive midfield player. Mambo is more suited to non league football.[/quote]

Agree absolutely.