Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Abbott on way out?

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I've just watched CP's after match interview on CAFC player and he was asked if Abbott was out injured. He replied that Pavel didn't play as he maybe moving on. His agent and our CEO are sorting things and, as CP said, as he may not be here anymore thats why he was dropped for fridays game. I thought earlier on this month he wanted to stay and fight for his place?
CP didnt say whose decision it was when pressed by the interviewer, just that somehing has come up! Its about 4 mins in from start of interview for those interested.

If this thread has been done before then please sink, but i couldn't find one when I used the search option.

Comments

• Did a job for us at the Posh game, but otherwise BWP coming in marked his card - still remember Pardew filling the dressing room with strikers...good luck to him.
  • That's massive news to me I assumed he was injured.

Even if he's off can we really afford not to name a striker on the bench?!

Did he actually say that in as many words?
  • Perhaps there is legs in the rumour that Benni McCarthy is a possible loan target ?
  • As ISaw says this is the first I've heard of it.

Perhaps this is the Charlton Live scoop that I've seen mentioned??
  • Surprising news - thought he did okay in his last outing for us and looked fitter than I've seen him look all season.
  • Not surprised. Heard the other week whilst a guest in the Boardroom that CP was after a target man and a creative CM. I think the Benni McCarthy rumours are tosh if only because he isn't a target man.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]That's massive news to me I assumed he was injured.

Even if he's off can we really afford not to name a striker on the bench?!

Did he actually say that in as many words?

Yes mate he did, i listened to the interview twice to ensure that i got it right. Something must have happened during the week, but when he was asked directly was Abbott injured CP replied that no he wasnt and as he maybe on the move out he was not named in the squad - not quoted but thats the gist. He did confirm that if he goes then he goes if it falls through and he stays then so be it!

I'm assuming that with BWP, Joe, Benno et al he has decided that he (Pavel) wont get in and has asked to leave, or he (CP) doesnt need to keep him!
  • Sounds like this may not be just a loan, maybe CP doesn't fancy him full stop and maybe we are willing to release him from the remainder of his contract. Might free up wages for a loaned too.
  • Was something mentioned pre-match about someone being ill in the warm-up? I assumed at the time it was Abbott. Wasnt properly listening.
  • Just seen the Benni McCarthy thread.....perhaps Abbott thinks that BM is on the way in and has decided to go out on loan???
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be interesting to see who he joins if he does leave. Got to be this league or Scotland imo.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Will be interesting to see who he joins if he does leave. Got to be this league or Scotland imo.

Back to Oldham maybe?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

interesting, if we get a loan striker and a CM and a CH we suddenly are over our quota for loanees in match day squad, when Bessone is fit.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

interesting, if we get a loan striker and a CM and a CH we suddenly are over our quota for loanees in match day squad, when Bessone is fit.

Assuming Fry stays. And we can have more than five loans but only five in the squad.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Perhaps CP will send Fry back.
  • Great minds Henry ;0)
  • The Curse of the Charlton Life Sponsorship strikes again.

If Pawel does go then I think we should go for Jenkinson assuming he is still available.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Assuming Fry stays. And we can have more than five loans but only five in the squad.

I did say match day squad. Fry does seem to be less favoured so he could go back and of course if we keep him his position has been that of another loanee, i.e. Bessone. Plus of course, we have not got the CM or CH loanee.
  • If it's a curse I'd prefer we'd give to to McCormack !!
  • Funny never been a massive fan and thought we should have kept Sodje, but against Peterborough and Exeter I saw a much improved player.
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn't see the Peterson game but if he played well it's the only decent match for us. Well done CP get rid.
  • If we can get a better target man and let Abbott go out on loan we should. A Deon Burton type player and a creative midfielder could really improve this team. Would take pressure off the defence if we kept the ball better.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Sounds like this may not be just a loan, maybe CP doesn't fancy him full stop and maybe we are willing to release him from the remainder of his contract. Might free up wages for a loaned too.

If that is the case, I don't think anyone should have doubts as to Powell's management credentials.
  • edited February 2011
    Seems strange that this decision was made when he's been in the starting line-up & as a result we didnt have any strikers on the bench against Notts County.
    Anyone else think Popo should have been on the bench on Friday instead of a defender?
  • we had enough options on the field with Eccles, BWP and Anyinsah that not having another striker on the bench didnt really bother me. Saying that we also had the option of Waggy who can play just off a lone striker so we had options.
  • We are currently in final negotiations with Polish club Ruch Chorzow. He passed his medical last Friday (25th) so I expect us to hear of his departure Monday or Tuesday at the latest

http://www.ruchchorzow.com.pl/?page=articles-news&article_id=8907&article_category=5&category=news
    (web site in Polish, but you should be able to get English translation from your browser).
  • sounds like a permanent transfer then. He's going home, he's going home, he's going, Pawal is going home.

Good luck to him, didn't really work out I suppose.
  • Obviously he wants to go back home... something he hasn't done on a semi-permanent basis for about a decade... fair play to him, you can't complain - they played european football this season!
  • I thought he played decently in his comeback under CP, I will be sad to see him go.
  • I always thought he was only half Polish, Abbott sounds like an English name.

Either way, good luck to him. He tried and started to look like a much better player in his last couple of games. His performace against Peterborough is probably the best 45 minutes of his career !