Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prepare for another season in L1 everyone

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Yes it is doom and gloom time, but let's face the reality that we have been beaten by Hartlepool, Exeter and Notts County, on top of earlier defeats to relegation candidates Walsall and Swindon.

We can't blame the manager because it is too early and he is doing his best under the circumstances.

We can't blame the owners, who purchased the league's top scorer for us and loaned an exciting Liverpool youth player in January,

We can't blame the players, because nobody is consistently pants every game.

We can't blame ourselves, because we can muster 25000 when we put our mind to it.

The way we are playing at the moment, raises the questions:
will we be in the top 6 ?
could we beat any of the top 6 over 2 legs ?
could we beat any of the top 6 in a play-off final ?

No, and No are my answers.
Prepare for Chesterfield away on a cold February Tuesday in 2012

Comments

• Too early to write us off yet, a couplf of good loanees and we give ourselves a shot of the playoffs and that is a lottery. Last 3 results have been dissapointing but we can still get promotion this year and it would be all the sweeter for the poor results we have seen. Charlton never did anything the easy way remember.

If we stay down tihs year then I expect money spent in the summer and a stroll to the title next year anyway which would be no bad thing.
  • well at least the board told us that it would be the case when they came in and anything else would be a bonus...
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]well at least the board told us that it would be the case when they came in and anything else would be a bonus...

Actually they did not, they told us that after they brought Powell in.
  • Probably won't be going up but fortunately almost every other team around us is just as average/poor as we are. We have a chance of making the play-offs and from there it's no more than 3 games.
  • edited February 2011
    long way to go,surprised how losing three games does not put out of it much
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]well at least the board told us that it would be the case when they came in and anything else would be a bonus...[/quote]

Actually they did not, they told us that after they brought Powell in.[/quote]

Well at least the board told us that it would be the case when they brought powell in and anything else would be a bonus...
  • lol sarky
  • I've been prepared for it since the season started.
  • Not getting the results at the moment but we still have plenty of time to string another good run together. As long as we keep ourselves in and around the top six looking to push on in the last 6-10 games then we have just as good a chance as anybody.

Powell's working on a couple of loans to help boost us into the play-off's and if we go into it on form, who knows? The form team of last year's play-off were Millwall.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm looking forward to going up the exciting way with a win at Old Trafford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still got games in hand, depend what we do with them. Although I really don't fancy us against Southampton.
  • I like League one football :-)
  • edited February 2011
    If we manage to get into the play-off places at the end of the season, at this point in time I am not confident we could even get to the final, let alone win it. But, let's see who we get in on loan...

Automatics must be beyond us now, even if Messi does accept the call from Chris!
  • even if we are in league 1 i would hope the board put some money in and we can buy some decent players
  • Every team in the league bar Brighton and Southampton are absolutely awful and we still have every shot of making and winning the play-offs should they go up automatically.
  • [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Every team in the league bar Brighton and Southampton are absolutely awful and we still have every shot of making and winning the play-offs should they go up automatically.

Wouldnt say that peterborugh, ballmouth and us were absolutly awful
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Athletico Charlton[/cite]
    If we stay down tihs year then I expect money spent in the summer and a stroll to the title next year anyway which would be no bad thing.

If only it was that simple!
  • Are we safe from relegation then?
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Are we safe from relegation then?

One of the league one managers said the target to avoid relegation was 50 points
  • We've lost 3 games in a row and we've only dropped two spots (5th to 7th), albeit 5 points off 6th spot.
    It goes to prove that L1 is crap and anything could happen. Re relegation, I highly doubt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• This division is piss poor. Maybe an indication of how poor we are?
    If anyone says we need to regroup and come back next year then they can think again as next season will be even tougher.
  • I think the title of this thread is rather optimistic.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]I've been prepared for it since the season started.[/quote]

This