Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

QPR deducted points..

Championship leaders Queens Park Rangers face a possible points deduction after they were charged with a breach of rule banning third-party ownership in relation to Alejandro Faurlin.

The Argentine midfielder joined Queens Park Rangers in July 2009 from Institute FC for £3.5 million but it is now alleged that when he did so an un-named third-party retained a stake in his economic rights.

If this did happen would open the championship right up and would be an amazing end to the season.

Would leave it
Swansea 63 +17
Norwich 63 +13
Cardiff 61. +14
Qpr 60 +35
Leeds 60 +14
Forest 59 +14.

Comments

• Haven't west ham set the precedent and they'd just get a fine?
  • edited March 2011
    Although it would make for a sensational ending...

a) Does the Tevez and Mascherano case set a precedent that 3rd party ownership breach is punished financially - or does that only apply to world cup winners ;-)

b) I doubt it would be a 10 point deduction
  • It says in all the articles online it'll be 10 if it does happen.

And I'm sure west ham only got a fine. Not to sure however.
  • It says in all the articles online it'll be 10 if it does happen.

And I'm sure west ham only got a fine. Not to sure however.
  • Are there precedents in football rulings? West Ham's non-points deduction came a few weeks after AFC Wimbledon were docked points for the same offence, if I remember right.

I don't really expect QPR to have points deducted, but it's funny that Neil Warnock is their manager after he complained so much about West Ham.
  • IF QPR were deducted 10 points and given his involvement with the West Ham scenario I would love to be there when Neil Warnock heard,
  • There wasn't a precedent because the West Ham example was in the Premier League and this is the Championship and apparently it is the FA that make this decision .

It would make the QPR ' shoe in ' less likely' and we could have an interesting run in .
  • Be interesting if the FL do a points deduction, cause I suspect QPR will be straight on the phone asking for a judicial review of the process
  • There should be one world wide rule on this. Having a different rule for the premiership and football league is pure madness.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]There should be one world wide rule on this. Having a different rule for the premiership and football league is pure madness.

2 different competitions run by two different organisations.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Are there precedents in football rulings? West Ham's non-points deduction came a few weeks after AFC Wimbledon were docked points for the same offence, if I remember right.

I don't really expect QPR to have points deducted, but it's funny that Neil Warnock is their manager after he complained so much about West Ham.[/quote]

I heard that this morning and thought Warnock thinks well West Ham got away with it , why can't we?
  • [cite]Posted By: Mendonca In Asdas[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Are there precedents in football rulings? West Ham's non-points deduction came a few weeks after AFC Wimbledon were docked points for the same offence, if I remember right.

I don't really expect QPR to have points deducted, but it's funny that Neil Warnock is their manager after he complained so much about West Ham.

I heard that this morning and thought Warnock thinks well West Ham got away with it , why can't we?

Oh the irony.

Warnocks team Sheff Utd are relegated instead of West Ham after West Ham fielded a player who had a contract which was against the rules relating to Third Party ownership

Warnocks new team QPR are docked points and miss out on promotion because they fielded a player who had a contract which was against the rules relating to Third Party ownership
  • Interesting how Leeds and Norwich are right up there.
    And Leicester the year before made the play-offs following a league 1 promotion i believe.
    Even those stupid millwall ***** are in a healthy position.

palarse must be blooming awful!
  • The rules were introduced by the FA etc after the Tevez saga.

The Tevez incident was dealt with by a premier league appointed tribunal, probably made up of Trevor Brooking, Martin Samuel and any other smug west ham FA employee/journo.

This should be dealt with by an FA tribunal I think, so could be a different ending. I would laugh my tits off if they got a deduction. Their smug fans singing "we'll never play you again" Tuesday night would be gutted having to play us again.
  • It will be ok as QPR are destined for the EPL and we know that nothing happens to EPL clubs when they get themselves into this situation.