Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Terry returns as england captain

Whats the point in this? I can only see it damaging morale and effecting the team in a bad way.

Cappello won a lot of trophies with big clubs etc but Im just waiting for him to leave as I dont think he is the answer.

I dont care too much about the england team anyway apart from when Bent and Parker are involved.

Comments

• Affairs / serving his time or not Terry is way past his best as a player, should be put out to grass at the Den.
  • Cappello has made as good as job as managing England as Mr Bean would. He was a top player and a top club manager on Continential Europe but obviously has no grasp of the English culture, football and more importantly: Language.

The bloke is a JOKE!

Reed/Parkinson/Powell
    Erickson/McLaren/Capello

It's not just us then!
  • He should never have been stripped of the armband in the first place...

The guy is a natural leader and has a vast amount of experience as captain, for both england and chelsea.

Personally, his private life (and other footballers) sould be private and I dont see how that would have effected his ability to captain the england squad.
  • England are a joke, run by clowns....really dont care about them and dont even bother watching games anymore. Same old shit re-heated time after time after time.
  • I think John Terry is skeezy creep and he symbolizes everything that is wrong with modern football. Capello should get his coat now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Personally, his private life (and other footballers) sould be private and I dont see how that would have effected his ability to captain the england squad.

Despite the fact they are representing us as a country?
  • [cite]Posted By: Missed It[/cite]I think John Terry is skeezy creep and he symbolizes everything that is wrong with modern football. Capello should get his coat now.

This. One of the men I despise most in football.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Personally, his private life (and other footballers) sould be private and I dont see how that would have effected his ability to captain the england squad.

How is his ability as a captain affected by his personal life?

Would your demote you from a managerial role if you had an affair with your wife? You are afterall representing their company...
  • does anyone know who the wales captain is
    is it bellamy?
    that will be brilliant if it is the way bellamy blanked terry (when chelsea played man city) and slagged him off afterwards was very funny , even for that little runt!
  • Long past caring about the England National team, next years Euros let's face it we aren;t going to win, as soon as we come against a side with a game plan and half decent players we will be on the plane home.

Cappelo will also leave and I actually don't get the feeling he is really that motivated in the job, and who can blame him. Like Charlton the England team set up is a massive shambles.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Personally, his private life (and other footballers) sould be private and I dont see how that would have effected his ability to captain the england squad.

Would your demote you from a managerial role if you had an affair with your wife? You are afterall representing their company...
    Well he shagged one of his team mates' missus so I think that would bother me and the rest of my team at work.
  • Why can't we just appoint the best captain on the day of every game. By creating such a massive furore and great importance on the captaincy, we get ourselves in a position where he becomes undroppable regardless of form.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]

Well he shagged one of his team mates' missus so I think that would bother me and the rest of my team at work.

I thought she was Wayne Bridge's ex-girfriend... (not saying its right, but obviously not as bad)
  • Terry as Captain?
    CATSO FABIO, CATSO!

I was one of few who still had faith in Capello after we lost to the Germans.
    But this decision has helped me lose all faith in the guy.
    Poor choice Fab, poor choice.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Would your demote you from a managerial role if you had an affair with your wife? You are afterall representing their company...

Represneting a company and represnting an entire country are two entirely different things, imho.

The position he holds requires him to be a role model, he should behave like it, or surrender the position, his choice.
  • If Terry's wife has forgiven him, can't see why anybody else has to make an issue of it. Ferdinand is injured so it is a no brainer really - You would hope the players knuckle down and get on with their job - beating Wales.
  • who's the taffys skipper
  • Joe Hart should be captain, England's best goalkeeper and not a bad word said about him so far.
  • Nobody else for the job... simple as.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]who's the taffys skipper

Speed has said he's decided but will not be announcing it before the game.

If fit, it is believed James Collins will captain the side, if he isn't, could well be Bellamy.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]If Terry's wife has forgiven him, can't see why anybody else has to make an issue of it. Ferdinand is injured so it is a no brainer really - You would hope the players knuckle down and get on with their job - beating Wales.

exactly

People also fail to mention that rio was banned from the game for 8 months for missing multiple drugs tests and thus really isnt that a greater role model either.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]If Terry's wife has forgiven him, can't see why anybody else has to make an issue of it. Ferdinand is injured so it is a no brainer really - You would hope the players knuckle down and get on with their job - beating Wales.

exactly

People also fail to mention that rio was banned from the game for 8 months for missing multiple drugs tests and thus really isnt that a greater role model either.

It wasn't the first time Terry cheated on his missus. Why do you think she keeps forgiving him? She doesn't want to lose the lifestyle she's got. £££££

Anyway, that's best left for Jeremy Kyle. The issue here is that he lost the trust of half the dressing room. Team Bridge and Team Terry and all that. To make such a fuss and then go back on it is just terrible management. No interest in England football while it's being run like this. Capello's a joke.