Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blue shirts and red socks

Why?

Made us look all the more like a pub team ;-)

Comments

• Because apparently blue socks clash with black socks, yet blue shorts don't clash with black shorts. Personally I think the whole sock clashing thing is pathetic.

Did we not play a game last season with the black shorts from the away kit with our red home shirts? Surely we could've worn the red change shorts?!?!
  • Or have an all sky blue away strip? We've had to wear white socks at Brentford. It doesn't look very good.
  • I remember at WBA away our first year in the champ and the ref made us wear WBA's away socks
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]I remember at WBA away our first year in the champ and the ref made us wear WBA's away socks[/quote]

It wasn't just the socks, I'm sure we had the shorts, but I think we gaffer taped the badges. What made it even worse was the fact that it was a televised game too! Why couldn't we have worn white shorts and socks with the kit? It would have looked less silly than the sky, navy, red get up we ended up with!
  • [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]I remember at WBA away our first year in the champ and the ref made us wear WBA's away socks

It wasn't just the socks, I'm sure we had the shorts, but I think we gaffer taped the badges. What made it even worse was the fact that it was a televised game too! Why couldn't we have worn white shorts and socks with the kit? It would have looked less silly than the sky, navy, red get up we ended up with!

We wore their shorts.

That was a top of the table clash if I remember. McLeod got his first goal and Reid got injured and was the last time we saw him.

Still think if we hadn't of sold him in the Jan window he would have got us to the play offs.
  • Still was quite an enjoyable game, despite getting hammered.

Did we not forget our shorts rather than it being caused by a clash?

Pretty sure it was a Saturday 3pm game though, don't think it was on TV (other than highlights obv).
  • It was a Saturday lunchtime kick off on Sky. And we lost as usual B-)
  • I remember a game back in about 97 where we played Oldham away and at the time their kit was a horrid red and blue horizontal stripe effort and we only brought our home kit and had to wear their away strip which was equally horrible - blue/green and black? If memory serves correct we drew 1-1 with Mark Robson scoring in the last minute.
  • I was more disgusted with throw ins not being given when the ball was out of play , corners not being taken in the right place , and general incompetence from the the match day officials , i was too angry to be concerned about the kit , and amused by the guys in costumes (fans not players) :0

Ie Batman Et al.
  • On the subject of stupid socks, remember when we played Saints away at The Dell in 2001, we wore the blue/black inter milan third strip. For whatever reason, the socks that went with that kit clashed so think we wore yellow Saints socks. Looked riduclous.

There is a pic I think in one of the Charlton books- Home and Away or maybe Portakabins to Porto Captains.
  • Sponsored links:

• We once played at Selhurst vs Palace in the 1980s in THEIR kit.

Only at Charlton.