Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Malwarebytes software - Any good ?

Been recommended to download this (free version) and run it in conjunction with my anti virus. Any comments please from all you who know about such things. Many thanks

Comments

• I'm no expert here but I think it's worth having. I had a pretty shocking virus a while back and used it to get rid, even after Microsoft Security Essentials couldn't do anything to remove it.
  • Personally I do not like it I have found 10 bit security 360 good and less intrusive, it is also freeware.
  • I use that, seems to work well on my system as tool to routine check my other free anti-virus softeware is picking everything up.
  • I think it's worth having, as you only need to run it once in a while. Ad aware is quite useful to
  • [cite]Posted By: McBobbin[/cite]I think it's worth having, as you only need to run it once in a while. Ad aware is quite useful to

Thanks chaps. What's Adware ?
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Been recommended to download this (free version) and run it in conjunction with my anti virus. Any comments please from all you who know about such things. Many thanks

I installed it on my PC recently. All it appears to do is flag/warn against tracking cookies which do nothing more than record all your online shopping browsing/interests. If you empty your Temp Internet Folder before running it then if reports that your PC is clean.

I use AVG and ZoneAlarm which I consider to to more important when it comes to defending your computer.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McBobbin[/cite]I think it's worth having, as you only need to run it once in a while. Ad aware is quite useful to

Thanks chaps. What's Adware ?

It alerts you to tracking cookies on your PC
  • edited March 2011
    I use both Malwarebytes and Avast.

Edit: ...and AVG too!
  • Yes very good at getting rid of malware and the like. Saved alot of peoples laptops at work/time reloading an OS by using this.
  • I use a MacBook , job done