Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lets be sensible.

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
I went to bed last night composing a really bitter posting telling CP that we all know that he's got a good Tailor, would he please take his jacket off now and get stuck in. Pointing out that the Coach service that I and hundreds of others use will soon be operating with Rickshaws etc etc. I was very angry. I was prepared with phrases like being the laughing stock of League One, and away supporters singing ' can we play you every week '. Happily I calmed down when I read the match report, and realised that at least we seem to have given it a go.
Therefore I am suggesting that although a good stream of abuse might make us feel better, the fact is that I'm sure that CP and his Coaches must be going through hell right now, and most of the players with them. So why don't we have a thread where we the supporters look for sensible answers to the problem.
I'll start it off by saying that 1) We have to start defending set pieces much better, 2) We have to find someone to provide the killer passes that will let in BWP and Co. Any thoughts ?

Comments

• I just don't care anymore. The Charlton lifeblood has been sucked out of me over the last few seasons. I still think the board mean business and the summer will re ignite my addick fire. Until this season is over I will like Henry said on another post go to home matches and grab enjoyment where I can.
  • Really good post. I think the biggest challenge for next season will be to change the culture of failure which is so prevelant through the club. Going to be hard and haven't got a clue how you would do it but we really can't let the current situation continue.

Major investment could be one way but hasn't completely worked for Southampton.
  • edited March 2011
    We still seem to either, quit in Feb/Mar or wobble - this is the culture we must change.

Last season we narrowly missed out on automatic, but in the Feb/Mar we lost at Bristol Rovers, drew at Walsall, drew at home with Gills and lost at home to Brighton.

All these teams were struggling at the time - and we got just 2 points from 12 against poor sides (in 2010).
  • [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]We still seem to either, quit in Feb/Mar or wobble - this is the culture we must change.

Last season we narrowly missed out on automatic, but in the Feb/Mar we lost at Bristol Rovers, drew at Walsall, drew at home with Gills and lost at home to Brighton.

All these teams were struggling at the time - and we got just 2 points from 12 against poor sides (in 2010).

Our record in the last 10 games of a season does not read well

Dreaded Last 10
  • Point number 1 should have been sorted weeks ago on the training pitch but it isn't being sorted. Poor players maybe, poor coaching probably a bit of both but we have looked dodgy all season at set pieces and nothing has been changing.
  • Set pieces at both ends of the pitch.
  • Off topic, but following on from Valiantphil and Kap's comments; it intrigues me that a completely different set of players, a completely different management team and different boards can still repeat the same failures, in the same way over and over again, apparently just because of the shirt they wear. It makes no logical sense whatsoever that we cock up the last 10 games, or exit a cup to a team we should beat time after time with totally different personel, but somehow we do...
  • Sadly composing helpful suggestions to get us out of this predicament is as useful and relevant as ranting and complaining, without the relief a good rant can give.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I just don't care anymore. The Charlton lifeblood has been sucked out of me over the last few seasons. I still think the board mean business and the summer will re ignite my addick fire. Until this season is over I will like Henry said on another post go to home matches and grab enjoyment where I can.

absolutely spot on.....this season cannot finish quick enough for me, I'll go to the home games really only to have a few pints with my mates, but other than that I don't really care at all.

I just want to completely forget about Charlton for a couple of months over the summer and let the board quietly go about rebuilding us behind the scenes....I'm sure come July/August I'll be fully fired up and optimistic once again.
  • Agree - the transfer activity is what is going to ignite our passion - for now it's just a case of trudging through the rest of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm with Eltham on this. Said virtually the same thing, word for word, to my mate earlier.
  • We need an entirely new defence for a start, great teams (and i mean ones who actually win things) are built from the back - a new keeper, at least 3 new CBs, a new LB and a new RB. That should be the priority before anything else. Dailly and Llera just isnt good enough sorry, Doherty isnt even close, Fortune should pack it in altogether. I think Solly will be a decent player for us, but we need cover and it should NOT be Francis, who should be got rid of as quick as humanly possible.