Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Details of this years player of the Year Dinner. Voting details to follow.

Wed 30 Mar 2011

Matt Wright reports

Tickets for this year's player of the year award evening are now on sale from the Valley commercial centre.

The 2010/11 dinner, which is being organised by the reconstituted fans' forum for the first time, will take place in the club's north-stand facilities on Sunday, May 1st.

And supporters will also soon have the opportunity to place their vote for their best player of the campaign, not to mention the best goal and a host of other awards.

The event's doors will open at 6pm, and the £25 admission price includes a hot buffet meal followed by dessert.

The main course choices will be sausage, mash and peas or lasagne and salad, and a vegetarian lasagne will also be available.

The bar will open from 6pm until late, and supporters who book early will ensure that two members of the club's playing squad will be sat at their table.

Following dinner, a raffle will take place featuring prizes which include signed Charlton memorabilia.

And the formal section of the evening will conclude with the unveiling of the club's player of the year and the first and second runners-up.

Trophies will also be given to the young player of the year, which is selected by the club's management team, plus the Charlton Athletic Disabled Supporters' Association's player of the year, and the goal of the season.

The dinner will be compered by Steve Sutherland, and the dinner and awards will be followed by a disco and the opportunity for supporters to talk to players, get autographs and take photographs.

Tickets are available in person from the commercial centre or by calling 0871 226 1905, although fans should note that player of the year tickets won't be sold in the hour before kick-off on matchdays.

Fans will also be asked to supply their name and contact details in case there are any queries. The dress code for the night is smart casual.

Votes for the player of the year award will be collected at the home matches against Huddersfield Town on Saturday, April 16th and the Easter Monday encounter with Rochdale on April 25th, and details of how to cast your vote will be publicised shortly.

Comments

• Options
    Right here goes:

Sundry poster: Who the f*** is gonna want to go to this. The club are just inviting supporters to have a pop at the players after the pathetic season we've just had. I reckon there will be more players than fans there.

Henry: Well if you don't want to go, don't post on this thread. This is for people that do want to attend"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Right here goes:

Sundry poster: Who the f*** is gonna want to go to this. The club are just inviting supporters to have a pop at the players after the pathetic season we've just had. I reckon there will be more players than fans there.

Henry: Well if you don't want to go, don't post on this thread. This is for people that do want to attend"

Err, no.

I'm not going and don't really care if others do or not. It's their choice.

If people want to say that they aren't going then that's up to them. Others will want to know the details.

Takes all sorts as you prove : - )
  • Options
    Player of the Year Dinner - is that like a Roast Beef Dinner but different? Yum, yum. Can we have Sticky Simon Francis pudding for afters? Presumably per kilo a Charlton player would be cheaper than fillet steak?
  • Options
    are you having a fecking laugh £25 for sausage and mash. Well it's my old nan's 90th birthday meal that day, so I shall have a cracking day with her and the family.
  • Options
    Have to admit that menu for the price is pretty poor.

Lasagne, bangars and mash or vegetable lasagne.
  • Options
    Have just seen an advert in my local paper for Gillingham' Player of the Year Event and they are charging £50 per head.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ashfordaddickted[/cite]Have just seen an advert in my local paper for Gillingham' Player of the Year Event and they are charging £50 per head.

per or for?
  • Options
    A little bird tells me Steve Sutherland will be the host.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]A little bird tells me Steve Sutherland will be the host.

Did she tweet you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]A little bird tells me Steve Sutherland will be the host.

Did she tweet you?

Nah, facebook : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRFDRF
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The dinner will be compered by Steve Sutherland

Must be nice to be in on the 'latest gossip'.
  • Options
    I've got plenty more if you want it.....( insider info, that is )