Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will season ticket prices realistically go up after 4th?

Cashflow is tight currently so i could do without shelling out before monday for next years season ticket.

Have prices actually gone up in the past after the initial offer?

Comments

• They do normally go up, or people will have a moan "I only gave you my money cos I was told I'd get a special rate" etc etc.

2 possible options:
    1 - extend the offer period
    2 - only put the prices up by £10-£20
  • What about an offer of half season tickets,but for the first half of the season with an option to purchase the second half so that anyone who is unsure of the new owners intentions has the first half of the season to see where we are going.Think the new owners have got to be very imaginative or invest quickly to get people to renew for next season.
  • What about an offer of half season tickets,but for the first half of the season with an option to purchase the second half so that anyone who is unsure of the new owners intentions has the first half of the season to see where we are going.Think the new owners have got to be very imaginative or invest quickly to get people to renew for next season.
  • No one like this idea
  • It makes no sense for the club to make such an offer. There are all kinds of arrangements that would suit fans - it's previously been suggested that fans should be able to buy any ten games at reduced prices - but the club clearly offers season tickets on the basis that people take the whole package or at least the remaining package when they buy.

Offering a first half season ticket would reduce the numbers buying the full season now at least as much as it would add to the numbers buying at all and couldn't be introduced at this stage in any event.

The club needs to win people over by radically improving what it offers on the pitch. The owners needs to back their words up with actions and then results, not put forward gimmicks that undercut the main offer, in my opinion.
  • edited March 2011
    your problably right airman brown,but for the first time ever im not sighning up until i see what sort of sighnings are made and i have a feeling a lot will do the same.thats not to say i wont go i will just pay match to match with the option to opt out if the same downward spiral continues first time ive ever felt like this and am very wary of the new owners intentions i hope they make moves to regain my confidence. I predict a 50% drop in season tickets.
  • A lot of fans are looking very closely at their pennies , we need to invest in players of BWP's qualities , in all departments all over the pitch , to get the fans back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mendonca In Asdas[/cite]A lot of fans are looking very closely at their pennies , we need to invest in players of BWP's qualities , in all departments all over the pitch , to get the fans back.

So we can't afford a S/T if we're sh*t, but if we're good we can ?
  • The answer to the question is surely "no." Raising prices after failing to get promotion and serving up the worst sequence of rubbish football in living memory would be tantamount to season ticket suicide. The only acceptable course of action is to offer the existing prices to everyone until the season starts. Maybe the Club can give the early purchasers some status of their own so they get preference on away tickets or double discount in the Club Shop or etc in recognition.
  • [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]The answer to the question is surely "no." Raising prices after failing to get promotion and serving up the worst sequence of rubbish football in living memory would be tantamount to season ticket suicide. The only acceptable course of action is to offer the existing prices to everyone until the season starts. Maybe the Club can give the early purchasers some status of their own so they get preference on away tickets or double discount in the Club Shop or etc in recognition.

They won't be raising prices though will they. They reduced them by up to £50 if you renew by 4th.
    I reckon the price should go up by £25, that way everyone's reasonably happy. You're up to £50 better off if you renew by the 4th & £25 better off if you renew after. (I know the £50 isn't for all etc).
  • Sponsored links:

• bunged it on the credit card. feck it, come on you reds!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: bertpalmer[/cite]your problably right airman brown,but for the first time ever im not SIGHning up until i see what sort of SIGHnings are made and i have a feeling a lot will do the same.thats not to say i wont go i will just pay match to match with the option to opt out if the same downward spiral continues first time ive ever felt like this and am very wary of the new owners intentions i hope they make moves to regain my confidence. I predict a 50% drop in season tickets.

Not one for pulling people on spelling - these made me smile as so many of our signings over the past couple of seasons would be better spelt this way!
  • No way on God's clean Earth will they raise the prices post April 4th. In fact, this is the barometer I am judging them by, hence why I am deliberately not renewing until later. If they DO put the prices up (given our performances since STs went on sale, remember the Championship was still a decent possibility when the £50 cut was announced) it proves they are clueless and don't deserve my money. I do agree they should offer the early renewers something (eg away ticket priority) in exchange for their commitment. But putting the ST prices up would be absolute idiocy, imho.
  • Prices don't have to go up but the discount on last year could be smaller or removed completely.
  • The risk supporters take who don't buy/renew is surely that the club gains promotion - I'd be suprised if take up has been fantastic given the teams performances and the club ought to extend the discount offer for a month or so and the team should try to give those fans who might be seriously thinking about whether it is worth shelling out for more of the same (in hard financial times) that we can expect something better next year.