Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ryman Div 1 South Play Offs

I know its a charlton board and no one else will be interested, however Dulwich Hamlet have made it to the Ryman Div 1 south play off final having beaten Bognor Regis at their place 2-0. Really pleased for them and hope they can beat Leatherhead on Saturday, sadly I'll miss their game and our own game.

The travesty of the play offs is that Bognor missed out on automatic promotion by one point and were 31 points ahead of Dulwich,thats 10 wins and a draw.  Still they knew the rules at the beginning of the season.

Comments

• went to the ryman premier play off last night between tonbridge angels (my local side) and harrow, was really enjoyable and was great seeing a 3-2 win. being an addick it was a surprise winning in the semis of a playoff haha.
  • Kap10, sorry to correct you, but The 'amlet won 3-1.
  • Never fear the mighty Maidstone Utd will be back down there next season to play (and beat) everybody!
  • Thanks MOG, sorry for the error.
  • 31 points clear is ridiculous. I've always advocated that if a team is say more than ten points ahead of the team they are due to play then they automatically go through to the final. I like the play off system but sometimes it can be ridiculous and a gap of 31 points is certainly that.
  • being an addick it was a surprise winning in the semis of a playoff haha.

Why? Our record is won 2, lost 2. And we've never lost a final. We have a very good record in the play-offs.
  • In Conference South, Ebbsfleet won the 1st leg away at Chelmsford 4-1 so looks as though they will be in that Final.
  • Covered_End_Lad May 4

went to the ryman premier play off last night between tonbridge angels (my local side) and harrow, was really enjoyable and was great seeing a 3-2 win. being an addick it was a surprise winning in the semis of a playoff haha.

Home to Lowestoft on Saturday I believe. Hope they do it, couple of juicy away games at Welling and Bromley next season. I saw Rocky Baptiste scored for Harrow - didn't he pop up on tele scoring a couple of goals against a league side in the FA Cup for someone a couple of years ago?
  • If they get promotion, they will be visiting the mighty Canvey Island and Concord Rangers.

Canvey rules!

• Been to about 4/5 Island Canvey games this year, terrible football. Specially against Concord earlier in the year, the only noticeable thing that happened all game is the coins being chucked at Concords keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's amazing Matt, even at this level of football there are idiots and Canvey have there fair share of them! Quite glad to see Concord beat them twice this year to be honest, especially as the son a friend of mine plays for them, Tony Stokes (ex West Ham lad) played in Hungary last year.
  • Essex_AlEssex_Al 5:29AMIf they get promotion, they will be visiting the mighty Canvey Island and Concord Rangers.
    Think Hamlet beat Concord on the way to the Championship Manager Cup Final.Charlton link, Mervyn Day is the Championship Manager brand ambassador 
  • Southwark_News: FT: L'head 3 Hamlet 3: Extra time being played. Late L'head equaliser forces 30 more mins.

Leatherhead equalise in the 97th minute.....
  • #dulwich losing 4-3 in extra time what a joke!
  • @timaddicottTim Addicottunlucky #Gills, but well done#tonbridgeangels promoted to Conference South next season
  • Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Well done Angels! One of our regulars is a big fan - happy chappy last night. 
  • Was at the angels game, won 4-3 winner in last couple minutes, brilliant!
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to the Dulwich game, it was a grotesque display of refereeing. It was clear the ref was going to let time go on until Leatherhead scored the equaliser, by that time Dulwich had taken off the 2 players that seemed to be doing all the attacking movement. Was a great day out and very entertaining, and i suppose the way the league finished it was only fair that Leatherhead won.
  • edited May 2011
    Shame to hear about the referee, but if we complain about div1 refs imagine the quality of Rymans officials.

Which must be brilliant!!! (Edited @09.45) 

• I'm a Ryman league official.
  • Hythe Town promoted to L1 south after a dramatic last day last week. Tunbridge Wells keeper scored a 90th min OG to send Hythe up.

• Hythe promoted to Ryman League after winning the Kent League pipping Herne Bay. Chatham relegated back to Kent League after relegation from Ryman Div 1 South. Leatherhead and Windgate and Finchley promoted to Ryman Prem from Div 1 S and N respectively. Tonbridge Angels promoted to Conference South. Farnborough (2-1 against Woking) and Ebbsfleet (6-2 against Chelmsford) will contest the Conf South play-off, the Conf North final will be between Guiseley and AFC Telford. In the Conf National the first leg scores were Wrexham 0-3 Luton and Fleetwood 0-2 AFC Wimbledon. So looks likely for an AFC Wimbledon v Luton final.