Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheff Utd sack Adams

Sheffield United have sacked manager Micky Adams.

The 49-year-old former Port Vale boss and his assistant Alan
Cork left the club following a meeting with owner Kevin McCabe on
Tuesday.

Adams, a lifelong Blades fan, was appointed on 30 December last year after former boss Gary Speed became manager of Wales.

United won just four of their 24 games under his charge, and their relegation to League One was confirmed last week.

In a statement on the official website, McCabe confirmed Adams and Cork had been relieved of their duties.

"He [Adams] made it clear that he wanted the chance to lead us next season but the fact remains that we have been relegated.

"I feel that in order to give ourselves the best opportunity
we should make a clean sweep at the top and start afresh next season."

The statement then quotes Adams as saying: "Obviously I am
very, very disappointed with the decision but I still wish Sheffield
United all the best.

"I am a Blade and will always be a Blade so I am just sorry that my move here has not worked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's hope they make the wrong appointment for next season

Comments

• I think that was pretty much a given - I'm surprised it took them that long.
  • Better record than Parky had in that division
  • Pretty crap manager who was having a good season with Port Vale. I think he was employed because he supported them as a kid. The board made many mistakes last season and hiring Adams was one of them.
  • Parky to Sheff Utd?

Dowie will also inevitably apply.

• Blimey, he's been around has that man.

There can't be that many clubs he hasn't managed!  He seems to fall into the category of managers that are always a possible appointment to a vacant managerial position despite always leaving football clubs under a cloud of underwhelming apathy and underachievement!

• I was referring to Adams, btw...I can see them appointing someone like Dowie, actually.

I was speaking to a depressed Sheff Weds fan at work today, and it appears that Sheff Utd are up the financial creek, so they won't be appointing Jose Mourinho at any rate....

• we do not want to turn into sheffield united!!! manager sacked manager sacked etc!!!
  • short of money they had to blood four youngsters in their defeat at Swansea. However they appoint will have a tough job on their hands.
  • Yep, he was on a hiding to nothing there - perform a miracle or be made the fall guy for problems that stem for gross mismanagement before he arrived at the club.

To be fair, I think he's a pretty mediocre manager but he always come across pretty straight laced in the media - I would think Parky has an excellent shout at getting the job, I'm sure he'll apply.
  • so not only did they spunk all their parachute money but they also had the money that west ham paid them and blew that as well!  

and I thought we were mismanaged