Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AFC Wimbledon.

In the football league in under 10 years. Congratulations!

Comments

• Brilliant 
  • Congratulations Wimbledon!
  • One level below us......let's hope we don't play them soon
  • Well done the real Wimbledon 
  • Glad they won and not Luton.

Blackpool were going on about the prem league not wanting them, I bet the same thing can be said about AFC Wimbledon......God, i bet they hate it!

• I think if they get up to the same division as MK Dons I would have to go and support them for the day just out of principle
  • well done afc wimbledon you show mk dons who the real wimbledon are! :)
  • got some naughty young boys as well, so not as nice as everyone thinks, that aside well pleased for them and their President Dickie Guy one of the original boys 35 years ago when they first got in the football league.
  • I was there at their very first friendly against Sutton Utd. It feels like a lifetime ago. Before that I recall going to Smellhurst Park for a fans united day and being thanked for coming y strangers in the street.

It's been an awfully long afternoon glued to the internet commentary but justice has prevailed eventually -in part at least. It will be complete when Franchise FC are playing in whatever the Buckinghamshire equivalent of the CCL is..

• Great achievement. I knew and played vets soccer with their non league captain Ian Cooke (hard as nails) and worked with his brother Alan also a good player both in their mid 60's now! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Well  Happy for them, that's what football is all about.
  • Really pleased for them, fantastic achievement for the fans and players. Sure they will be competitive next season aswell. Also quite pleased Luton are not back in the league, not sure why but I don't like them.
  • Let me try and help you with that one cafcdan18 poxy ground in a poxy location and they embarrassed us last year by taking us to a replay in the cup OR did we embarrass ouselves?
  • Don't think it was either deadred a penalty and a wonder goal by them, it was just a typical Charlton game.
  • cannot wait for MK dons and wimbledon to be in the same league, the tension at that game would be unreal.
  • Hmmm breakaway goal for us at their place Marriott10 struggled to beat them at home sometimes I really do expect too much of my team who were roughly 40 places above them at the time but oh yes typical Charlton!
  • Jamie Stuart in L2 next season.
  • I would love it so much if Wimbledon get promoted to League one and finish above MK Dons. That would just be laughable.
  • The commission who said yes to the move to Milton Keynes said this

"Furthermore, resurrecting the Club from its ashes as, say, “Wimbledon Town” is, with respect to those supporters who would rather that happened so that they could go back to the position the Club started in 113 years ago, not in the wider interests of football."

Love to have a penny for there thoughts today
  • The commission who said yes to the move to Milton Keynes said this

"Furthermore, resurrecting the Club from its ashes as, say, “Wimbledon Town” is, with respect to those supporters who would rather that happened so that they could go back to the position the Club started in 113 years ago, not in the wider interests of football."

Love to have a penny for there thoughts today
    Yes. As I heard several times from Dons fans today on the radio, they should hang their heads in shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done Wimbledon
  • I was also at the very first match at Sutton United. Incredible stuff.

Not in the wider interests of foootball? Sounds like a description of the FA's management over the past decade.
  • Anyone notice the stonewall penalty for Luton? Or the elbow in the face that didn't even warrant a (2nd) yellow according to the twelve year old ref? Good luck to AFC and echo the sentiments that seeing them turn over MK would be sweet. Some seem to have forgotten the great height from which Luton got shit on from the FA too...     
  • Shows the power fans can still have in a game that is being taken away from them.
  • well done give them their cup back now
  • They did a while ago Dan.
  • yeah but to merton council ,thinking about it would like to see Afc wimbledon have it and mk dons record playing us altered as they never played us in the 80s 

• yeah but to merton council ,thinking about it would like to see Afc wimbledon have it and mk dons record playing us altered as they never played us in the 80s 

Who says that MK Dons did play us in the 80's? Where have you seen that in the record books?
  • Pleased for the real fans. I have never had a 2nd favourite league club in 50 years of supporting the Addicks, but i have now.
  • Great news!!