Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Well that was a surprise...
  • Worst footballing decision i've seen in a long time.
  • It's the "Chelsea way"!
  • Worst footballing decision i've seen in a long time.
    Inclined to agree. Give him a few quid and let HIM pick the players he signs and he'd have had Chelsea challenging on 4 fronts next year imo.
  • They're becoming a bit of a joke with this revolving door policy.

Still, just as well for them they never won the CL as I reckon when they eventually do they're old mate Roman will probably lose interest after that.
  • Who does Abramovich think will come in and do a better job? Maybe he will plump for the Porto manager? 
  • The latest addition to the joke club list:

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Blackburn
    Birmingham City
    West Ham
    Portsmouth
    Sheffield United
    Us
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Plymouth
    Bradford
    Stockport

and the rest...
  • It's like X Factor there lately.  You get your year or two in the spotlight then off you go.  So short sighted of Abramovich.
  • They won the double last year and were top of the league until Wilkins was sacked. Abramovich is an idiot. Sometimes he has such a dumb look on his face that I do actually wonder what's going on in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's trying to remember where he's left all his yachts.
  • The sad thing is, we may all agree that Abromovich is a dumb SOB, but somehow he is considerably richer than all of us put together.
  • Don't bank on it.  I'm actually Bill Gates.
  • Don't bank on it.  I'm actually Bill Gates.
    If you wouldn't mind putting a million in my bank account, please PM me and I will forward the details. Come on, it's not like you'll miss it.
  • Chelsea are disgustingly arrogant these days. Abramovich has been at Chelsea about 5/6 years and still knows nothing about football.
  • Apparently Van Basten is coming in as coach and Hiddink as Director of Football
  • Again i find myself wondering how these people have made so much money in the first place when they have s**t for brains.

Getting involved in football from the outset is probably the first no brainer these effluent buffoons fail to spot.
    And then the way they conduct business when they are in the driving seat really raises the bar in the moronic stakes.

Abramovic would probably be better off throwing a few quid in the direction of his Russian mafia mates to get Ferguson rubbed out.
  • "Effluent buffoons" - best line ever on CL, although perhaps unintentionally.
  • I don't think he's a particularly good manager, but won the double in his first season.
  • I think we have to understand that the top of the Premiership has become a World of its own, nothing like the game I fell in love with as a boy. Good business management has gone totally out of the window, ownership has moved abroad. The real winners are the players who are paid joke wages for often average performances. We need to decide whether we accept the current situation where Clubs which should be considered as Businesses are allowed to continue running with massive losses funded by the owners. I believe I am right in saying that a normal Business would not be allowed to continue trading in the situation that some of them find themselves. Frankly the FA does FA.
  • Sponsored links:

• The latest addition to the joke club list:

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Blackburn
    Birmingham City
    West Ham
    Portsmouth
    Sheffield United
    Us
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Plymouth
    Bradford
    Stockport

and the rest...

Decent list that, lot's of family favourites there!
  • Perhaps it is his players that are shit.

He should buy a new team, not manager.

• All that money spent on players, Torres being the most recent, then they sack the manager and the new manager could come in and decide to dump them all and build his own team! Field day for the agents - they must love the "effluent buffoons".
  • Pardew to Chelsea?
  • "Effluent buffoons" - best line ever on CL, although perhaps unintentionally.

I thought it was a pretty appropriate line considering how these nut jobs constantly send their money down the shitter.

Affluence is wasted on these twerps.

• Ancelotti is top manager. You only to look at what he achieved at Milan to realise that.

I wouldn't rule out Abramovich trying to get Guardiola.
  • Well, well, well, very interesting comments from Michael Ballack in todays paper about Abrahmovich's modus operandi at Chelsea....

Ballack, now with Leverkusen, spoke of the unusual influence the owner has on the team. ‘Roman was there for pre-season training every day and wanted to get to know all the new players,’ he said.

‘When you’re the boss of the team, it becomes your baby. He came into the dressing room after victories and even defeats. He gave us a hard time when we lost. He didn’t shout because of the language barrier, but we could feel that he was angry. If he wasn’t happy with the game or the situation, he let everyone know.

‘When we lost, the players were angry, the coach was unhappy, but the angriest was always the boss. He put pressure on us to make sure it didn’t happen again. You’re not allowed to lose at Chelsea, and everyone knows it.’

Do you reckon Fergie lets the Glazers into the dressing room to dish out similar treatment? No, me neither!

• Only if he's broken a window I suppose.
    Very good!
    Oh, now that is neat work!