Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Youth Cup Final - Blades Away Support

6000 Sheff United at Old Trafford last night for the FA Youth Cup Final. Good away support for a Youth Cup tie.

Comments

• Options
    We took a coach to Coventry in 1987, what's your point?
  • Options

Reckon they could be the only team to sell out the Jimmy Seed next season.

• Options

they all live and work in london manchester.

• Options

Their away support is pretty s**t usually. Could not even sell out there away play-off at Preston (I think) last year. Be surprised if they sell 3k at ours. More chance of Wednesday doing it imo, even though they have been down in recent times, they have much better and more consistent away support.

That said, fair play for a Youth Cup Final - although i guess tickets were dead cheap and it's not far and they probably needed it after watching the first team all year :)

• Options
    watched the game over my old mans, McGinty really is a tidy player. Sheff Utd have got a very bright future, I would imagine half of there team could easily hold there own in div one next season.
  • Options
    watched the game over my old mans, McGinty really is a tidy player. Sheff Utd have got a very bright future, I would imagine half of there team could easily hold there own in div one next season.
    by the sounds of their finances they will have to !
  • Options
    The away support would have been even higher, Man United refused to let them have more tickets after the 6000 were sold.

In the first leg Sheffield United looked overawed in the first half but scored a good goal to equalise at the end of the first half. Man United looked bigger, stonger & slightly better. In the second half Sheff United played better, but Man United were still the better team. The second goal for Sheff United was scored by a player, I forget the name, who looked the best player on the pitch.

A few players could step up for Sheff United immediately but on the whole they will not be ready for the start of League one next season. If they rely on this team (however good they may be in the future) next season, they will not challenge for promotion in my opinion.