Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Birthday "Judas"

"I don't believe you.  You're a liar!"

Shows how this site has gone downhill.  Not a single mention of this all day. Shocking! 

: - )

Comments

• Defoe's birthday is the 7th October.
  • Personally never forgiven Nicky Johns for celebrating in front of Us at QPR.
  • Darren Pitcher of Lenny Lawrence's Birthday? 
  • But this is a football forum.

I'm sure Bob Willis raised a glass.

• B Dylan?
  • Think so Sheffield, isn't that what his hardcore folk fans called him after he went all electric on them?

70 today, flipping eck.

• Think so Bournemouth. Must admit seeing the title on CL I was expecting to read about a former player.
  • Think so Bournemouth. Must admit seeing the title on CL I was expecting to read about a former player.

Fair enough, especially as Henners confused everyone by putting it under the "General Charlton" category.
  • Happy Birthday Bob, you'll always be my favourite  hillbilly protest singer folkie spokesperson-for -his-generation judas motorbike crash victim family man gone soft come back genius religious zealot never ending performer elder statesman err, I'll go with rocks greatest poet
  • They're having a Dylanfest on 6 music right now and I'm really enjoying it....

That man can certainly coin a phrase!

• Sponsored links:

• Heckler               "Judas!"

Bob Dylan           "I don't believe you , your a liar !"

• Heckler               "Judas!"

Bob Dylan           "I don't believe you , your a liar !"

...then if you listen really carefully:

Dylan to The Band     "Play it f***ing loud!"

...they launch into the most blistering version of Like A Rolling Stone.

• Quite so Harry.    And the amplification they used was unheard of at the time even for "pop" bands.

What I don't get is that by that time Dylan had already released two electric albums.  Why were people surprised by the electric set?
  • Quite so Harry.    And the amplification they used was unheard of at the time even for "pop" bands.

What I don't get is that by that time Dylan had already released two electric albums.  Why were people surprised by the electric set?
    It shocked them.
  • Saw a programme about his Bobness last week about his electric set at Newport, and  he had to go back and play an acoustic set as he was only on a short time!
    It really got the old folk guard uptight......Did this quote not relate to the Albert Hall concert in 66. Newport was in 65.........Pete Seeger tried to cut the cables according to the film!
    Well, I try my best
    To be just like I am,
    But everybody wants you
    To be just like them.

Of course the 'folkies' got there nickers even more twisted when Hendrix played Dylan's anthem 'Like a rolling stone' at Monterey
    Jimi carried around a Dylan songbook and probably influenced him more than any other artist, according to the people that knew Jimi.......

• The 'Judas' shout was at the Manchester Free Trade Hall gig.  There was a great radio programme on this with Andy Kershaw a couple of years ago who found the man who shouted it out.  Surely the greatest songwriter ever?  So many of his phrases are now used in everyday language.
  • So many of his phrases are now used in everyday language.

Such as ?

Seriously, I think he's great and where I grew up he was known as Uncle Bob (along with Uncle Hank (Williams)) but I can't think of any everyday phrases that he penned.

• Well PL54 it must be you. Not a single day passes without me shouting out to someone "Hey! Mr Tambourine man" And people are always enquiring about my subterranean homesick blues situation.
  • One of my favourite chat up lines back in the day was lay lady lay

(didn't work though)

• Stuck inside the Valley with the Charlton blues again

It takes a lot to laugh it takes one look at McCormack to cry

Positively fourth defeat on the spin

Idiot winger

Jokerman

• Sponsored links:

• In the darkness of St. James's Park
    They waited at the ground
    For one more member who had lost the team in town
    They couldn't go no further without Dowie the Jerk of Hearts

Something is happening here but you don't know what it is
    Do you, Mr. Reed/Pardew/Parky
  • You were right legal addick.......
    In the 1966 tour, at the concert recording labelled "Royal Albert Hall" (which many people argue was actually a tape of a concert in Manchester rather than London) between songs somebody from the audience yells "Judas" and Dylan responds "I don't believe you, you're a liar".
    Once owned this album too.....it was on the pig bootleg album probably worth a fortune now!
  • Well PL 54 how about 'the answer is blowin in the wind' or 'you never ask questions when God's on your side', or 'just like a woman'. There was even a terrorist group who nicked his phrase 'you don'tneed a weatherman to know the way the wind blows.'  Shame that Youtube have taken down virtually ALL his vids and outtakes.  Luckily I downloaded them just in time.  Took a girl to see him in concert 30 years ago in London and ended up marrying her.  I don't blame Bob though! (Still married btw!!!) 
  • Stuck inside the Valley with the Charlton blues again

It takes a lot to laugh it takes one look at McCormack to cry

Had to laugh at these ones!..... well done six 
  • The lonesome death of Iain Dowie (Les Reed/Alan Pardew)
    Sad eyed lady of the Valley
    (for every Charlton fan these last few years) I am a man of constant sorrow
    BUT vis-a-vis Chris Powell - When he returns
  • The teams they are a changin' (for the better I hope)

Positively 4th place

All along the touchline

You don't need a scoreboard to know which way the wind blows

• No "blood on the tracksuits"?
  • No "blood on the tracksuits"?
    we have a winner

My fav album too
  • The changing of the coach
    To McOxo and Francis - You're gonna make me happy when you go
    To any new signing - If you see him say hello.

So many fantastic albums to choose from.  If an artist had recorded any single album from Dylan's output 1962-1976 they would be deemed a genius.  And he not only recorded 19 but went on to record a number of other wonderful songs too.  My favourite album cover is Freewheelin.  She absolutely adores Dylan.  What guy wouldn't love to have a woman hold him like that???  Ok I'll get my coat.
  • Going to see him live for the first time at the Hop Farm at the end of June.

Hope it is one of his good days