Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Just been listening.  Fantastic show, great to have him back.  
  • great his well but the guy is a pranny no mistake
  • He had cancer of the mouth and throat, if anyone didn't realise. Not one of my favourites, but I wish him well.
  • Can't stand the fool
  • Best thing on the radio. Genuine feel good stuff.

Shame he hates us, but then we hate Millwall, so it's all fair enough.

• Such a big headed, pig headed rude man. Glad he's over his illness though.
  • Never particularly liked him, but wouldn't wish what he's gone through on anyone.
  • Great hearing him again.

He may be a spanner, but I like him - he leaves others standing when it comes to making great radio.

• To be fair he doesn't ram Millwall down your throat. Glad he's better. One of our better radio jocks. He does have a decent taste in music.
  • Despite being Millwall he's a fantastic broadcaster and is without a doubt the most entertaining man on radio. Welcome back Candy Man.
  • Sponsored links:

• He just announced on Twitter he's been given the all clear
  • Good news. I don't want anyone to be ill.  Still despise him though.
  • Glad he's well - he is funny and that's all that matters really. I know he likes to have a pop at us but so what, he's bound to. It's just football banter as others have already said. Does anybody know what has happened to Mike Parry? He used to be on Talksport but left after Keys and Gray joined. Talked a lot of rubbish but did make me laugh.  
  • Mike Parry did one 606 on 5Live with Robbie Savage last season. I thought he was going ot do more. Don't really know him as never really listened to TalkSport. He was quite good though, made Savage sound like a complete pratt, not difficult I suppose.
  • When was Danny Baker funny btw? I must have been out...........
  • Danny Baker is the best radio broadcaster bar none.

Hate his football team, but he is very clever on the radio.
  • 100% missed him
  • Anyone ever own Danny Baker's World of Freak Football on VHS?Absolute comedy gold!!
    don't really listen to him but whenever i have, he's been funny so that was twice 4 years ago, once about 5 years ago and a couple of times before that - can't be any more precise - sorry
    You've been out for quite a while then Chirpy.

How did you get your moniker, BTW?
  • Sponsored links:

• The Kentish Independant christend me Chirpy.
  • as a fellow cancer recoverer I wish him well.. but ... he's about as amusing as a kick in the bollocks and has a very very inflated opinion of himself .. him and Danny Kelly? .. how do these people get these high profile high salaried jobs (answers on a postcard please)

What was it Abe Lincoln suggested? 

• Mike Parry did one 606 on 5Live with Robbie Savage last season. I thought he was going ot do more. Don't really know him as never really listened to TalkSport. He was quite good though, made Savage sound like a complete pratt, not difficult I suppose.
    I'm afraid we're gonna be stuck with Savage for a long time, he's won the best Radio sports newcomer of the year award or some such bauble. Steve Curry on the Keyes/Gray show last week suggested thet Robbie le Sauvage (as that silly old prat who used to be funny, Stuart Hall calls him),  is a notorious Fudge packer and that's how he gets along .. what a surprise !!!!. If his career is as long as Hall's we can look forward to heraring from and seeing savage for the next 40 years. Noone ever seems to retire from the BBC, e.g. Wogan, Honeyford, Hall, Forsyth
  • Forget his Millwall links. Danny Baker has been the best radio broadcaster this country has seen in the last 15 years and I'm chuffed he has got the all clear.
  • Forget his Millwall links. Danny Baker has been the best radio broadcaster this country has seen in the last 15 years and I'm chuffed he has got the all clear.

Seconded, Danny Baker love him or hate him is a radio genius & let us not forget responsible for the writing on TFI Friday in the 90's which is considered one of the most memorable shows from that decade.
  • What was it Abe Lincoln suggested?

''Its better to be nice than to go out of your way to be negative'' ? Or am I confusing this quote with someone else completely?
  •  

What was it Abe Lincoln suggested?

''Its better to be nice than to go out of your way to be negative'' ? Or am I confusing this quote with someone else completely?
    No, Lincoln suggested that you cant fool all of the people all of the time
  • Thanks Lincs.

It's funny, I am sure he said

''Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.''

but maybe I am confusing it with the Jean Beaudrillard quote:

''A negative judgment gives you more satisfaction than praise, provided it smacks of jealousy.''

or the Dalai Lama or something

• Thanks Lincs.

It's funny, I am sure he said

''Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.''

but maybe I am confusing it with the Jean Beaudrillard quote:

''A negative judgment gives you more satisfaction than praise, provided it smacks of jealousy.''

or the Dalai Lama or something

was the Dalai Lama a guest on Bakers' show?. I never listen nowadays, I have grown out of 16 year old NME type humour. If the DL was a guest i am sure Danny had a fine old time taking the piss out of him 
  • Still, nice to know you dont like something you dont listen to - life's certainties are always comforting!