Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Craig

edited July 2011 in Rumours
Know this is going to be very cryptic but dont want to get the person in trouble!!

Right, I have NEVER posted anything like this before as I dont really listen to rumours BUT..

I was told today by somebody within the club that we all know & love that Tony Craig is signing!!  I know there have been rumours about it but didn't personally think it would happen, however, this well known person has told me that Craig TRAINED WITH US ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY.  Said the Deal should be completed either tomorrow or tuesday!!

I never listen to rumours but this person would definately know!!

Believe me or dont believe me, up to you but I reserve the right to say I told you so :)

Watch this space!!

Comments

• millwall and palace reject? 
    And he's only 6ft.

no thanks.
  • He played for Millwall at Gillingham yesterday.

Kind of pisses on the training with us notion.
  • Can play left or right back so maybe francis is off
  • edited July 2011
    Well the person I was talking to would of been at training.  Just saying
  • Naming no names obviously, is your source a player or member of staff?
  • Yes 1 of them :)
  • would take him - no nonsense defender, better player than Francis
  • He's a left back who can play centre half.

Other rumours on this have been "its bollocks". Apparently from the horses mouth.
  • He's a left back who can play centre half.

Other rumours on this have been "its bollocks". Apparently from the horses mouth.
    Yeah fair enough. Only repeating what I have been told that's all mate
    He played for Millwall at Gillingham yesterday.

Kind of pisses on the training with us notion.
    Yeah that is strange.  Just a guess but maybe they are still hopeful of persuading him to stay
  • edited July 2011
    Millwall have signed Jordan Stewart a CCC quality Left Back ,so I could see Craig leaving them .
    After signing Wiggins ,Evina and maybe Andersson I can't see it being us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2011
    I have also heard, though not from someone within the club, that Evina's injury is quite bad. Could be out for some time. Could be bollocks but may mean we needed to fill that gap!
  • Not doubting you Chrissy\\\'s but remember reading yesterday someone on here who was at the woking game spoke to someone at the club (ben roberts?) and he said Evina's knock was nothing serious and if we had a league game that we needed players full we would have a fully fit squad.

Just goes to show the difference of opinion and difference in what people claim to know or have been told

• Not doubting you Chrissy\\\'s but remember reading yesterday someone on here who was at the woking game spoke to someone at the club (ben roberts?) and he said Evina's knock was nothing serious and if we had a league game that we needed players full we would have a fully fit squad.

Just goes to show the difference of opinion and difference in what people claim to know or have been told

I didn't say the Evina thing was fact, just a rumour that I heard & linked it to Craig signing. Maybe put 2 & 2 together & came up with 5
  • Even if Evina is injured then what about Andersson ?
    The fact he is still with us shows he must be under serious consideration.
  • That's funny. Someones telling a fib somewhere then. Spoke to Tony craigs birds brother yesterday in the pub. Said its a load of shit about him coming to us.
  • edited July 2011
    Mate that's fair enough. Only saying what I was told. If it isn't true then everyone can say that I was talking crap & that's fair enough. Would like to think the person I spoke to would know though!
  • But at the same time, you would think that his girlfriend's brother would know too
  • Although his birds brother (a millwall fan) told me that it's tosh I also think he may be playing it down. Who knows. I said to him what's this about Craig coming charlton. He said it a load of shit but maybe craigs told him not to say anything.

I told people martin was close to signing but it's all gone quiet for some reason. God knows what's happened with that one
  • Keep posting Chrissy.
    Palace reject. Best at LB, where we are covered. So it is an odd one.
  • Keep posting Chrissy.
    Palace reject. Best at LB, where we are covered. So it is an odd one.
    I agree with that. Wiggins will be left back. For some reason I thought Craig could play right back, if not then I dont see where he fits in.  Cant see Taylor or Morrison coming here as squad players
  • Sponsored links:

• Craig is a pretty solid player so I think if he did come here it would be for centre back

Maybe we would use him as a squad player. I'm sure his also a millsmall fan

I didn't say the Evina thing was fact, just a rumour that I heard & linked it to Craig signing. Maybe put 2 & 2 together & came up with 5

I know you never said it was fact, You said yourself that the Tony Craig thing was from somebody within the club which sounds like you could be spot on with that then, and you did make a point of saying that the Evina bit was from someone NOT at the club so was much more of just a rumour than anything else. Like I said i'm not doubting you on the Craig bit and I for one appreciate you posting and letting others know of your info. But I just wanted to point out what someone else had said on another thread re Evina so we can all get a clearer picture of whats happening, who's coming in and who's leaving the club
  • From the News Shopper article, looks like the deal is close.  (Unless of course my source was talking rubbish but cant see it)
  • Is he any good?.
  • can play centre back easiely !
  • A Harry Cripps for the 21st Century.
  • A Harry Cripps for the 21st Century.

Now that sounds good to me ... especially at division 1 level
  •  

I've dismissed this rumour before but I've just read Millwall are trying to sign Shane Lowry off Aston Villa , if this happens then Craig would almost certainly be leaving the Den. This would also explain any hold ups .

Still believe he is more of a Left back so would not fancy him or as Henry says he could be this generations Harry Cripps who was a key member of the Third Division promotion Charlton team of 74/75.

• The 3rd division is his natural level.

He is a good solid player. Gives everything. Won't shirk any challenge, rallies the troops and will get in peoples faces. Puts a tackle in. Distribution not the greatest. He's a local lad and knows plenty of Charlton fans. He'd do well for you if he does join. Although you're not the type to take to a player like him?
  • I heard it's total ballacks him coming to us but maybe his playing it down.