Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Loans

We are now reaching the time of the season when loans are made, so a couple of questions that the more enlightened Lifers may be able to answer an the rest of us just speculate:

Do we still have the agreement with Liverpool to take a youngster or two, if so who would you like to see play for us?

In the close season haven't we formed a tie up with a Spanish club, Valencia is it, and if so who might come our way?

Comments

• based on our past experience with these tie-ups I'm not expecting any loans from Liverpool or Spain
  • edited July 2011
    It was Udinese in Italy, but not sure if it actually happened though, never saw any official announcement
  • Damn.....I saw the title for this thread and popped in hoping to borrow £100.
  • udinese may loan us Cristian Zapata? woulld sort out the CB probblem ...
    U been playing football manager? ;)
  • get eccleston back
  • I saw the heading and thought someone was after financial advice!
  • The loan system is corrupt, too many big clubs with too many kids they want to try out at the expense of smaller clubs. Loans should only be used in an 'emergency' (define emergency). Managers should have the courage of their convictions, if they fancy a player they should sign him, if they can't afford him, then tough. Too many clubs rely on loanees. For example, last season's Bellamy loan to Cardiff, a skint club but able to find his high wage, was scandalous and I am Sooooooo pleased Cardiff lost out in the play off. Served them right.
  • Loans are fine, but I do not think they should be allowed between clubs in the same division.
  • NO LOANS. I HATE LOANS. THE PLAYERS HAVE NO PASSION. IT'S LIKE HAVING A JOB TEPORARILY, YOU WILL NEVER PUT IN 100%...
  • Sponsored links:

U been playing football manager? ;)
    maybe ;) he is class, shame he would cost us 15 mil
  • NO LOANS. I HATE LOANS. THE PLAYERS HAVE NO PASSION. IT'S LIKE HAVING A JOB TEPORARILY, YOU WILL NEVER PUT IN 100%...
    Jorge Costa had no passion?
  • IT'S LIKE HAVING A JOB TEPORARILY, YOU WILL NEVER PUT IN 100%...

Speak for yourself.
  • I must admit, I'm also not a fan of loan players. 99% of them fall into these 3 catagories:

1. Feel they are too good to be there and just go through the motions.

2. Young, promising prospect who will show flashes of what they're capable but too inconsistant to realistically get in our team (except for injury)

3. Old knacker on the last year of his contract. parent club no longer want him but can't shift him, so farmed out on loan to re-coup a percentage of his wages.

However, on the rare ocassion, someone like (as henry mentioned) Jorge Costa comes along and shows passion, hunger and ability.

Let's hope if we do use the loan route, we do our research on the players and only use them in times of need.