Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**New Comp** VALLEY MANAGER **cash prizes**

edited July 2011 in General Charlton

What would you do if you had the chance to manage Charlton? Well now you have the chance to play a fantasy based game on Charlton's forthcoming season.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    "Do you think you could do a better job than Chris Powell?"

Isn't the way to win the game to do exactly the same job as Chris Powell?  : - )
  • edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011

• Since players not picked are not going to score points won't people just try to guess the starting line up. If so surely the league would be exeptionally tight with alot of people picking the same team.
  • Since players not picked are not going to score points won't people just try to guess the starting line up. If so surely the league would be exeptionally tight with alot of people picking the same team.
    you can only spend £3m so my guess would be you couldn't buy the starting XI from the Den Bosch game with that.

Otherwise you are right.
  • edited July 2011

Open the attachment at the top of the thread please.

you can only spend £3m so my guess would be you couldn't buy the starting XI from the Den Bosch game with that.

Otherwise you are right.

I didn't take the budget into account. In my defence i did drink rather too much Broadside last night.

• Used to do a similar competition in Voice Of The Valley - think it had about 500 entrants if  remember correctly. I managed to amass one Manager of the Month award, which earned me a £15 Superstore Voucher.

One question Shirty - will we be able to view other manager's teams? In my experience of doing work-based Fantasy Football Leagues, the game tends to suffer a bit sometimes if you can see who other managers have picked as managers at the top end of the table adopt the cynical tactic of making their teams as similar to their nearest competitor as possible towards the end of the season so that they both score the same amount of points and the chasing teams can't close the gap on the leader. Might be worth bearing in mind, although appreciate that administrative constraints probably dictate this.

Anyway, cheers for organising this and count me in!

• Can you join if you are under 18?
  • Can you join if you are under 18?
    No issues from myself, as long as you pay the money
  • Sponsored links:

• Cool I get working on my squad straight away then
  • All teams will be private, so no one will be able to be tactical.
  • How much is Schlupp? ;-)
  • Will any new signings made in the next week be added?
  • Will any new signings made in the next week be added?

Any new players coming in will be added to the squad/list during the season.
  • oooh, like the competition myself and Glynne Jones used to run back in the day.
  • oooh, like the competition myself and Glynne Jones used to run back in the day.
    O! and who came up with the idea and helped designed it?

: - )
  • dunno, who did ?
  • I'm in, loved the old Dream Valley back in the 1990s! 
  • dunno, who did ?
    Don't you remember being round someone one's house with Steve Perfect working this out?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm in Mr Shirty provided the organiser is not given licence to edit team names:)
  • edited July 2011
    @shirty5

It says four tie break questions? I can only see two. If we want to enter multiple teams do you want them as separate emails  and tie break questions for each team? or all same email with same tie break answers 

• It wont open for me.
  • it didnt for me I had to download a programme from microsoft as I have the older version of office. It says I am missing a bit of it as well as it couldn't convert it
  • This sounds good.....

I'm a bit confused by the bit that says to submit 4 tie breaker answers when you enter your team, but I can only see 2 questions.

• If anyone can't read attachment we'll copy and paste everything tomorrow
  • This sounds good.....

I'm a bit confused by the bit that says to submit 4 tie breaker answers when you enter your team, but I can only see 2 questions.

I assumed it was a typo, think it is just the two. 
  • ok, cheers aiden

i had trouble opening the file so wondered if maybe there was something wrong with it when it did open and maybe some bits missing

• @shirty5

It says four tie break questions? I can only see two. If we want to enter multiple teams do you want them as separate emails  and tie break questions for each team? or all same email with same tie break answers 

There are only two tie break questions, so please ignore the typo re there being four.

You can enter multiple teams on the same e mail, and its up to you with the same tie break answers.

• it wont open for me.