Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Elliot and Wagstaff in contract talks.

Comments

• Good news x 2 but I expect some negative reaction to this ; - (
  • Elliot can keep the fight for the keeper jersey and honest one and Waggy offers real pace which can change games.  Could be a super sub this year.

Nothing negative here.  All good for me.
  • Nothing negative, I just would have preferred it if we tied BWP down first!

• All proactive as far as I am concerned.
  • Good news... BWP next hopefully.
  • Good news x 2 but I expect some negative reaction to this ; - (
    Negatives and Charlton fans no way never LOL
  • Good news, hope we get them on a good deal.
  • not sure they'll be good enough for the championship

oh well that doesn't matter for now cos we're a third tier club with third tier players zzzzzzzzz

• Good news indeed only going to get better. Feels good to see academy players playing fir us in the first team too.
  • edited July 2011
    Good news,

Makes you wonder if the takeover hadn't happened whether they'd be leaving us on a free?
  • Sponsored links:

• Were trying to establish ourself in league 1, we will do it. !!
  • don't want to upset anyone so i'll pretend to be overjoyed too. woohoo!
  • Pleased with this. Even if we were promoted and they were deemed not got enough then they can always be sold, so I'm not sure what would be negative about it.
  • These are the players we should be working hard to keep.

Neither (yet) are the finished article but they both appear to have a work ethic, have (as much as any footballer does) a genuine love and commitment to the club and (particularly Wagstaff) the desire to make the absolute most of what he has.

I think both can grow with the club at least one level and possibly more although that is more problematic at this stage.

All good as far as I'm concerned. I just hope they sign up.

• These are the players we should be working hard to keep.

Neither (yet) are the finished article but they both appear to have a work ethic, have (as much as any footballer does) a genuine love and commitment to the club and (particularly Wagstaff) the desire to make the absolute most of what he has.

I think both can grow with the club at least one level and possibly more although that is more problematic at this stage.

All good as far as I'm concerned. I just hope they sign up.

To Len's point about 'growing with the club', I understand that a key part of the contract talks will be a requirement that they become 6 inches taller - this a specific response to CL comments
  • Why aren't we more interested in signing up BWP though?
  • Why aren't we more interested in signing up BWP though?
    Who said we aren't?

• good news!