Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walkway to be built over the O2.

A bit strange and something I would not pay to do, but you have to hand it to them when it comes to original ideas!

Comments

• Just a sneaky way to watch a Charlton home game without paying to come in. IMO
  • Seems a bit pointless tbh, What's to see up there? You'll get better view for free from Greenwich Park.
  • Great idea, look forward to going up there
  • Looks good fun.  I'd do it.
  • What's not to like about it.
  • Lots of this happening now, CN Tower does a walk round outside for a few minutes for £120 thing. Reckon the 02 version will be minimum £50 per person. It's not for locals, it's part of the tourist fleecing circus that 2012 will be. Why would anyone mind? How does it adversely affect them? 
  • I think it looks good I am going to do it. Should be able to see our house
  • I think it looks good I am going to do it. Should be able to see our house

I can see mine from out on my street ;-)
  • Won't be cheap at £20 which is a guess based on London eye walk up ticket prices and I wonder if the new cable car across the Thames won't give an even better view ? All in all I think both ideas are great and can only add to any visitors experience. No idea how much the cable car is likely to cost but I would have thought a return ticket would be less than £20 ?
  • Lots of this happening now, CN Tower does a walk round outside for a few minutes for £120 thing. Reckon the 02 version will be minimum £50 per person. It's not for locals, it's part of the tourist fleecing circus that 2012 will be.  

Agree. I think it's a good thing.

Great to see how they have turned an potential white elephant into the billion £ venue that it currently is.

• Sponsored links:

• Terrified of heights so even if it was 20p I wouldn't do it!

Don't see how it can be seen as a bad thing though. Agree with Rodney re: a potential White Elephant being turned into something great.

• Did the one over the Sydney Harbour Bridge at 30 quid (I think), cant see the views comparing too much ; ). But as said, "probably there to catch the tourists"

tour guide::....................on our right you can see Woolwich ferry........................and opposite the blue building..............thats Tate & lyle,

while opposite you can

see Dalstan and Tower Hamlets 

• Nevermind about seeing the tate & lyle building, can you imagine those poor sods stuck up there, down wind of the place? they'll be painting the top of the dome pea-green with traces of carrot. :-)
  • The cable car will be part of the Oyster card arrangements so cheaper and won't have to walk