Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wales/Sheff Utd striker Ched Evans charged with rape

What is it about footballers?

From BBC

Wales footballer Ched Evans has been charged with rape.

The 22-year-old striker, who has 22 caps for his country, was
arrested after an alleged incident in Rhyl, Denbighshire on 31 May.

Comments

• What is it about footballers?

From BBC

Wales footballer Ched Evans has been charged with rape.

The 22-year-old striker, who has 22 caps for his country, was
    arrested after an alleged incident in Rhyl, Denbighshire on 31 May.

Lets not pre judge, few footballers recently charged with rape, including Carlton Cole whilst he was with us (facing the charge noit doing the act)  have been convicted and whilst there are many reasons for this, it is innocent until proved guilty 
  • He's one of the best strikers in our division so hope that knocks him off stride for a while
  • Agreed Kap
    But you have to agree they do tend to find themselves in situations that other sports stars who are just as wealthy, do not.
  • Great no-ones going to buy him now!!
  • I bet the charges get dropped. they usually are.
  • Agreed Kap
    But you have to agree they do tend to find themselves in situations that other sports stars who are just as wealthy, do not.
    Agreed.  They do put themselves in stupid situations.
  • Why rape a bird in Rhyl? If you cant get a shag there you wont get one anywhere.

• Why rape a bird in Rhyl? If you cant get a shag there you wont get one anywhere.

Not really a laughing matter but that's funny.
  • edited July 2011
    Raging hormones , Footballers think they can get away with anything , he may however be innocent.

Sort of comment you'd expect on a Millwall forum. Perhaps if you'd ever spoken to someone who has been raped you wouldn't be so flippant.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2011
    Sort of comment you'd expect on a Millwall forum. Perhaps if you'd ever spoken to someone who has been raped you wouldn't be so flippant.

Large he was quite clearly joking
  • On a purely selfish note, It's going to affect his (and sheff utd) season which can only be good news for their promotion rivals (inc us).
  • edited August 2011
    Evans was apparently due to be sold this week to Ipswich for 1.5 million, perhaps unsurprisingly this deal has allegedly collapsed.

The comment that he is innocent till proven guilty is entirely correct.

• But unless they've got footage of the event itself, CCTV footage doesn't prove anything.
  • Sort of comment you'd expect on a Millwall forum. Perhaps if you'd ever spoken to someone who has been raped you wouldn't be so flippant.
    Large he was quite clearly joking

I know, the point is it isn't a joking matter.
  • As Evans has been charged this thread should be closed
  • I was having a joke.If he is guilty I will change my tune.
  • Quite ironic that he is appearing in front of magistrates at

'Prestatyn'

• not a laughing matter but anyone remember the chant "van-per-sie, when the girl says no, moleste her!" to the tune of re-e-wind
  • Sponsored links:

• not a laughing matter but anyone remember the chant "van-per-sie, when the girl says no, moleste her!" to the tune of re-e-wind
    Most certainly not the place for it and I agree with the above point that a charge is a different ball game to an arrest on suspicion of and so this thread should go... but what a little ditty that was! first aired by villa I believe?
    Most certainly not the place for it and I agree with the above point that a charge is a different ball game to an arrest on suspicion of and so this thread should go... but what a little ditty that was! first aired by villa I believe?
    not sure when that chant was first aired but i do remember hearing it from a cluster of fans in the north upper back in the prem days.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!